TK-19755 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (Anovos) (883)

Name = Mark Skelly

TK ID = TK-19755

Forum Name = Hutt-trooper

Garrison = Outpost 42

Armor = Anovos

Helmet = Anovos

Blaster = Modified Rubies (with 3D printed greeblies)

Height = 5'9"

Weight = 80kg

Boots = Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt = Anovos

Hand Plates = Anovos

Electronics = 2 cooling fans

Neck Seal = Anovos

Holster = Anovos

IMG_8205_zpsyhevcwfm.jpg

IMG_8230_zpsykdlscet.jpg

IMG_8219_zpslqwwru05.jpg

IMG_8220_zpso0wtcsct.jpg

IMG_8223_zps4vb9nho6.jpg

IMG_8223_zps4vb9nho6.jpg

IMG_8233_zpsr5bfpmc7.jpg

IMG_8237_zpsbe6yyiay.jpg

IMG_8199_zpshi78mqg5.jpg

IMG_8264_zps1ijdm0jr.jpg

IMG_8276_zpszwhafnqk.jpg

IMG_8269_zps2p2munz1.jpg

IMG_8303_zpslxkuvdms.jpg

IMG_8305_zpsqact2oxc.jpg

IMG_8304_zps9sn8u080.jpg

IMG_8306_zps5u38ohu8.jpg

IMG_8309_zpsuwhixfai.jpg

IMG_8307_zps24dytiab.jpg

IMG_8308_zps4wus1gvg.jpg

IMG_8310_zpsfpavsazz.jpg

IMG_8289_zps2qvexy1a.jpg

IMG_8290_zpsejijr9s5.jpg

IMG_8291_zpsnog4gvzb.jpg

IMG_8297_zpsu2q2gcbf.jpg

IMG_8300_zps2jzfxti9.jpg

IMG_8287_zpsd3jmgox9.jpg

IMG_8316_zpsoccxutlw.jpg

IMG_2711_zpsliqledeh.jpg

IMG_2712_zpsp8pqbrpk.jpg

IMG_8279_zpsg0fgz0ga.jpg

IMG_8260_zps62o5qw4w.jpg

IMG_8259_zpsbafmbixf.jpg

• CableGuy changed the title to TK-19755 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (Anovos) (UNDER REVIEW)

Hi Mark,

Looking good overall, Trooper.

To allow us to move forward with your application, we would have to ask for a couple of accuracy upgrades required by the L2 specifications of the CRL.

The mesh on the Anovos Hovi tips is too fine. These would have to be swapped out for something more accurate, with white innards, for L2;

Level two certification (if applicable):

• -Correct 'Hovi mic' aerator tips.

a1d932e7fcf7dd5df0f59078d2a843cd.jpg

Thermal Detonator Screws need to be swapped out for L2.

Level two certification (if applicable):

• Clips shall be attached with slotted, pan head style screws, and be black (two per clip).

8f2549a7311c42468ade1347c3e0b0e6.jpg

We would also kindly request photos of your thigh ammo pack, inside and out, please. 

Hopefully some quick fixes to get us ready for your application review. :salute:

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

Thanks Dan. I did wonder if the 'old' Anovos hovi tip mesh would get through, and I had thought I'd used flat enough pan head screws (guess I bought the wrong ones!).

I'll work on those and get some updated pics loaded, along with pics showing the thigh ammo pack.

Thanks again

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan

Here are the 3 items requested:

- Correct mesh for the 'Hovi mic' aerator tips (purchased from ukswrath), plus interiors painted white

- Correct pan head style screws for TD clip

- photos of thigh ammo pack inside and out

Thanks. 

IMG_2988_zpsjd6pdhon.jpg

IMG_2987_zpsbgwnqts3.jpg

IMG_2742_zpssdu4s61s.jpg

IMG_2736_zpsxlto8umk.jpg

IMG_2735_zpshiup8rq9.jpg

IMG_2734_zpstt1ff51v.jpg

IMG_2733_zpsq8yvpauk.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the additional photos.

The light on the TD screws makes them a little hard to see clearly. With a bit of zooming, they possibly look cross-head rather than slotted. Could we ask for a clear picture of them, please?

cb5fa052cd3b886dc4924a6aaa4eeb47.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Dan

That's really wierd. That photo does make it look like its cross-head - it must be the light as they are definitely all slotted. (edit: looking at this some more I wonder if I accidentally uploaded an old photo of my very first screws? I cant understand how else that photo looked the way it did)

Anyway - here's a better picture.

Thanks

IMG_2996_zpsdqlnty6p.jpg

Edited by Hutt-trooper
  • Like 1

Hi Mark, 

Welcome and thank you for your EIB application!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All required photos have been posted. Your armour displays all necessary elements required by the level 2 CRL. On behalf of myself and the D.O. Staff, we would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry, Trooper!.:salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the section below. 

Firstly, that you for swapping out those Hovi-Tips (not pictured below). They look a lot better now. 

There are a couple of common areas that we discuss with the Anovos lid. Let's go through them;

1. Tube stripes - based on screen used examples, these would usually be approx a pencil width away from the cheek. You could consider removing the pre-installed Anovos ones and re-paint them a little closer to the cheeks.

2. Vocoder - as marked below, the current vocoder paint is a little undefined. You could consider defining the shape a little more, specifically the 2nd and 5th vertical bars.

3. Frown paint - whilst every screen used frown was slightly different, the majority of the frowns ended in more of a point. We would suggest extending the frown paint beyond the un-driller 5th hole to finish the frown off.

IPLt3NK.jpg

Reference

LzoPsAj.jpg

Frown paint examples;

image.png

In an ideal world, the angle of the ears will roughly line up with the rear part of the trapezoid. If it will not damage your helmet, this could be a consideration.

QO7ELIt.jpg

Reference:

VfRyXgb.jpg?1

KWylPlI.jpg

And, although it's not possible to tell exactly from the picture, it looks like the area in the blue circle might be showing a gap between the face and the back cap. If this is the case, then moving the ear might be good for this reason, also.

2bjxEPJ.jpg

Moving down to your main armour, overall your armour looks great and fits you well. If we were to make some dressing suggestions, it would be as marked below. 

Your left shoulder (pictured right) looks like it could come in closer to the chest. Shortening the shoulder elastic and possibly reducing the lower return edge of the bell (if required) could help to achieve this. 

Your right arm appears to be sitting higher than your left. This is mostly evident with the uneven gaps at your wrists. We would suggest lowering your right arm to match the left.

To give you a little more room at the knees, (good for mobility and appearance), you could consider raising the thighs and a little and possibly lowering the shins a tad. They look to be sitting quite high on the boots in a couple of photos.

eLHLFke.jpg

Reference:

KRYXWMN.jpg

Your back plate appears to be overlapping the kidney in a few photos. Ideally, there should be no overlap on these armour parts, so a simple strapping adjustment might help this. 

Xr4HGnE.jpg

Reference:

6wW7NuF.jpg?1

Another tiny dressing adjustment would be to raise your belt a little, so that the plastic belt is just below the lowest painted buttons. 

1PtgmD7.jpg

Reference:

YWiBRIk.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The ear screws on Anovos helmets can sometimes be of the incorrect type. Although we can't be sure of the upper screws from the photos, the lower ones certainly need to be replaced if you head for Centurion. Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white.

qEhM4dt.jpg

Z8K9yl6.jpg

We can't help but notice the filled in holes on your belt. If you choose to move on to Centurion, (which we highly recommend), we would ask that you replace the canvas belt for a cleaner look.

nqW7haP.jpg

Reference;

23UDBu0.jpg

Level 3 requires flexible hand guards. Whilst you are looking at the options for the hand guards, we would also suggest looking at replacement gloves due to the quite heavy texture on your current pair (although this could just be the photo). 

Flexible hand guards required - Hand guards shall be latex or latex-like, solid white or painted white, and affixed to rubber gloves with no visible strapping or stitching.

mHVDTug.jpg

Blaster - For level 3, I'm afraid a more accurate blaster would be required. Hasbro and Rubies blasters are not allowed, even conversions. Check out the various blasters seen in other EIB and Centurion apps for a good selection of sources. 

That's it. Welcome to Expert Infantry, Mark Good job, trooper!! :salute:

NB - don't forget to Request your EIB certificate here.

• CableGuy changed the title to TK-19755 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (Anovos) (883)

Thanks everybody and thanks Dan for all the effort you have put in to reviewing my application and for the very detailed feedback. I really appreciate that this is a big time commitment for you (and the rest of the team doing the approvals process for us all) and I want you to know how much you’re valued!

It’s great to have this next level of approval - now back to reviewing the feedback about requirements for Centurion...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...