Boot protection?

On 11/22/2018 at 11:38 PM, GaneshSkywalker said:

If it's too cold, winter socks and foot warmers  -------------
Elisa Arguello TK-11353

Thanks, but I was talking more about protection for the boot material itself.  :)   

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

You may want to try some sort of waterproofing spray like this:  https://www.amazon.com/Shoe-Protector-Spray-Eco-Friendly-Fluoropolymers/dp/B075K6DNPC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1542923461&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=waterproofing+spray+for+shoes&psc=1

Whichever one you choose make sure that it has a color safe property.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, GaneshSkywalker said:

I did it almost 2 years ago. Didn't work?!! 

Not if you are an approved Stormtrooper, your info says 501st member, maybe it got missed but just make a new request and that sorts it:salute:

Because I'm ESB, the CRL specified mine to be "lightly weathered," so I didn't try to protect them too much.  (Specified at the time I was approved, it's since been updated).  I also think, as do many others, that a light weathering and not shockingly white looks best regardless of ANH/ESB/ROTJ.  

I would recommend basic care and maintenance- wipe off any obvious mud or dirt, get anything out of the treads, that kind of stuff.  You don't have to polish them, but give them a wipe down and a chance to dry if they've gotten wet.  The boot will last longer that way, but you will still have the look of trooped in but not beat up boots.  

Edited by sharkbait

1 hour ago, sharkbait said:

Because I'm ESB, the CRL specifies mine to be "lightly weathered,"

Just chiming in that this is no longer the case in current CRL:salute: I totally agree on that the boots look much better with "wear and tear" though:duim:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Just chiming in that this is no longer the case in current CRL:salute: I totally agree on that the boots look much better with "wear and tear" though:duim:

Yeah I thought of that about five minutes after I posted, then got distracted.  Ha!

• Like 1