TK-11917 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (Anovos) (876)

Hello FISD, 

Humbly requesting EIB status for my Anovos ANH Stunt TK Kit

Armor Maker: Anovos

Helmet Maker: Anovos

Blaster Type: Hyperfirm B-Grade with D-Ring upgrade

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 170

Boots: Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt: Anovos (with ABS insert modification)

Hand plates: (can't recall maker...but they are the flexible kind)

Electronics: (Helmet: Ukswrath fans, SHA, speaker kit)

Neck seal: can't recall where I got it (will add this in a bit when I find the receipt)

Holster: Anovos

Undersuit: Stormtrooper undersuit

Front

Full%20frontal_zpstxioldwn.jpg

Back (TD straightens out I swear..my wife just didn't do it for the pic...if you need another pic, plz let me know!)

Back%20of%20TK_zpsuzbfll85.jpg

Left Arm Raised

Left%20overall_zpszdlyrjcw.jpg

Left arm raised 2 (realized after I posted this last night that my wife cut off my lower legs in the photo).  Here is an older photo that should work (plz ignore the belt detail in this pic....I replaced 'For Sale" sign material with ABS in the ANOVOS belt) 

Left%20arm%20raised%202_zps89fanko0.jpg

Right Arm Raised

Right%20of%20TK_zpsh8iwafzh.jpg

Right Side Detail

Right%20closeup_zpscux6mgpr.jpg

Left Side Detail

Left%20closeup_zpscmhb7oao.jpg

Abdomen Details

Ab%20shot_zpsu5zhsiom.jpg

Action Shot

Action_zpsfgqbf55n.jpg

Cod and Butt Attachment

cod%20butt_zpslsdtjyme.jpg

Interior Strapping

strapping_zpsqdibjw0u.jpg

Helmet Front

Helment%20Front_zpsoi6wxvwu.jpg

Helmet Right Side

thermal%20D_zpsiex0rcjo.jpg

Left Side Helmet

Left%20helmet_zpsvhmae3li.jpg

Back Side Helmet

Back%20helmet_zpsew37ktpm.jpg

Lens Detail

Lenses_zpsng2wbnov.jpg

Bucket Electronics...a lot of stuff in here:

Bucket%20Electronics_zpsdimfxtur.jpeg

Blaster Left

Blaster%20Left_zps3yhqlzse.jpg

Blaster Right

Blaster%20Right_zpsuqtybyqk.jpg

Blaster D Ring

D-Ring_zpsq0tac1gt.jpg

Neck Seal

neckseal_zpsfatybcdt.jpg

Thermal Detonator

Thermal%20Detonator_zpscpwgdm9a.jpg

Holster Attachment

Holster%20Attachment_zpsbbb7fidl.jpg

Edited by Ru4scuba

Hi Chris, and thank you for your submission!  I need a couple of things before we can proceed, sir.. 

1.  Please add a full left side photo, arms raised.

2.  As per the CRL for level 2, your TD screws (currently V-head Philips style) will need to be replaced.  "Clips shall be attached with slotted, pan head style screws...".  

Reference image                                      Pan head slotted screws

38hMszu.jpg    bG0rU8w.png?1     QpFvuKD.jpg

As soon as you get those done, post up the photos and we can move on and get you to EI!  Thanks!

Thanks!  Have been trying to fix that left side arm photo.

Here is a better one but the belt in this pic is old...I've upgraded the belt with a white ABS plastic insert so that you can no longer see the for sale sign through the fabric...plz ignore the belt in this photo and use the other photos in this thread for the belt assessment.

8BA45DF1-D764-4B13-BC8F-F830383CB5AD_zps

Will change the screws this weekend and upload another pic!

Edited by Ru4scuba

Nice work, you may want to secure your belt boxes as they aren't sitting at the ends of the belt.

Couple of things you could improve if you really want to stand out:

Patching of belt holes, stands out so you may want to replace that.

Also there is a big gap between the end of the belt and your holster.

D ring on blaster is angled.

I would also remove a little of the grey from your teeth, they do look a little on the large side and you can see some paint on the curved lip sections.

Good luck with approval

25 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, you may want to secure your belt boxes as they aren't sitting at the ends of the belt.

Couple of things you could improve if you really want to stand out:

Patching of belt holes, stands out so you may want to replace that.

Also there is a big gap between the end of the belt and your holster.

D ring on blaster is angled.

I would also remove a little of the grey from your teeth, they do look a little on the large side and you can see some paint on the curved lip sections.

Good luck with approval

Copy that thanks for the advice!

5 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

I agree with Glen. The drop boxes need to line up with the outer edge of the belt. This may keep you from EIB and/or Centurion:

23059d5f9e0f69e214027c9ad0795832.jpg&key=62f1bdfa465b102a94ac66db38ebc05cdfd4196e472ec98140085558748ebcfb

631d7c843ea62ec24188f1e07f05ee14.jpg&key=1ce688c7757d47c4bcca1512460cf5adcdb004984e3dcb8360349fae81442b11

If it hasn’t been mentioned already, your center belt button isn’t centered. I had this same issue. I had to install another set of snaps on the back of the belt just to move it over 1/4-1/2”, like yours. I also put Velcro on the ab in the center, as well as in the center behind the belt, so that it would keep the belt up. The top of the belt needs to touch the bottom of the painted buttons.

0cfb92cb972901a9a104ccb534f9ef36.jpg&key=95d11431aa3200adf0d57a886007ae0d9d98eeca68a007cf1f82a31b7c863881

Also, the gap between your shoulder bells can come in more. I also had to fix this. I cut my elastic by about 1/2”. That’s all it needed to bring the shoulder bells up to the bridges:

31e7e665c27077984c149231f3dac07f.jpg&key=2cf70801abcfcac2f74e0a35d0ff005a5a799900ef16f24a56397473a5bc5568

I don’t think the shoulders will prevent EIB, but it’s something you should consider. Your right forearm seems to have a bit of a 90-degree angle. You may want to follow the curve of your forearm all the way so that it has one, smooth clean line. The left bicep seems to have your cover strip hanging below the edge of your bicep; you’ll want to just sand that down. These are minor fixes that shouldn’t take long to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha...thanks much!

Also...the boxes do line up, I just need to do a better job of lining them up for the photo shoot.  

boxes_zpsdhzxgeyf.jpeg

Thanks for all the tips and improvement comments though...very appreciative!

Edited by Ru4scuba

2 minutes ago, Ru4scuba said:

Also...the boxes do line up, I just need to do a better job of lining them up for the photo shoot.  

boxes_zpsdhzxgeyf.jpeg

Thanks for all the tips and improvement comments though...very appreciative!

A drop of E6000 on the drop box elastic or safety pins can help ;) 

32 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

If it hasn’t been mentioned already, your center belt button isn’t centered. I had this same issue. I had to install another set of snaps on the back of the belt just to move it over 1/4-1/2”, like yours.

It`s not supposed to be "centered", the original armor is "offset" as pic provided shows. If going for screen-accuracy, the middle button-cover should line up roughly with the top line and not the bottom as one can see from the trooper-pics:salute:

1Wtg0gy.jpg

fTjC6WB.jpgbZa67oZ.pngMGVgdgS.png

990pfof.jpgaxE6Kfh.jpgK0DYMkv.jpgRYQ1niy.jpg4noeoUn.jpg

56 minutes ago, Ru4scuba said:

Also...the boxes do line up

And...for Centurion the dropboxes has minimal gap between the belt and boxes so if I were you I would shorten the straps some, you can see the boxes on the pics as well as belt position, good luck on approval:)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

It`s not supposed to be "centered", the original armor is "offset" as pic provided shows. If going for screen-accuracy, the middle button-cover should line up roughly with the top line and not the bottom as one can see from the trooper-pics:salute:

1Wtg0gy.jpg

fTjC6WB.jpgbZa67oZ.pngMGVgdgS.png

990pfof.jpgaxE6Kfh.jpgK0DYMkv.jpgRYQ1niy.jpg4noeoUn.jpg

And...for Centurion the dropboxes has minimal gap between the belt and boxes so if I were you I would shorten the straps some, you can see the boxes on the pics as well as belt position, good luck on approval:)

Good to know!

My apologies for the delay Chris.  I am almost finished with your submission, but could you post up one last shot for me? (No need to get suited up).  I need a clear, close up view of the area as shown below.  Thanks!

vLIZa26.jpg?1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-11917 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (Anovos) (Awaiting photo)

Hi Chris, welcome and thank you for your EIB application!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All required photos have been posted. Your armor displays all necessary elements as set forth in the level 2 CRL.   On behalf of the D.O. Staff, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to EI, Trooper!.:salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the section below. 

I appreciate you changing out those TD screws... much better!  As we go through this keep in mind the accuracy of your armor is ultimately up to you, and while some items may seem trivial, when it comes to the higher levels it's all about the details.

We have a few areas to go over, brother, so let's jump right in to it, shall we?

1.  Just a couple of small issues on your frown paint that will improve the look.  The corners need to come down to a point as seen in the reference images, and it appears that you have the "Anovos overspray" on a few of the teeth.  The lines should be a lot sharper and not extend past the actual tooth areas.  My suggestion would be to carefully remove the overspray with a non acetone paint remover and repaint all the teeth in the same color.  (Actually a pretty easy fix).

QnTvDmC.jpg

Reference image

Q5ja6T8.jpg       BLnlBZG.jpg?1

2.  Your tube stripes are a little low and could come up a bit.  The top of the stripes should be about a pencil's width away from the cheek.

Y90z77F.jpg?12JhhKVY.jpg?1

3.  The ears on both sides are offset quite a bit.  The center of the circular part at the top should line up with the rear of the trap. The bottom could be moved back a bit as well.  Note how the screws in the reference photos below follow the angle of the rear of the trap.  If you can safely move them it would bring you a lot closer to screen accuracy.

Reference image

85CPXdy.jpg?2   94OKtqN.jpg?2   VfRyXgb.jpg?1

4.  Your back plate could definitely stand to come in a bit, especially on the left.  This can probably be achieved by adjusting the strapping.

Reference image

oQjFMNs.jpg    xR72ycN.jpg?1

5.  The cover strip alignment on your left arm/bicep is spot-on, but your right one needs some adjusting.  You may want to check/move the strap that holds that connection.

Reference image

a5d5Zwd.png?1  4ooqpox.jpg?1

6.  An easy fix here... Some of your cover strips are extending beyond where they should in a few places and should not extend beyond the edges. 10 minutes (or less) with a Dremel tool will take care of this.

47aYlpa.png     mfNJsnB.jpg    JqDhy0d.jpg

Reference image

OK3leqS.jpg?2

7.  The large ab button plate edges are good, as they have been trimmed flat, but the small plate still has a rounded ridge on the edges and is a bit thick.  The edges should be perfectly flat and the corners at sharp angles, not rounded.  I see that you used E-6000, so it can be carefullyremoved with a razor knife.

Reference image

4VpY6zH.jpg?2     1rBlyeG.jpg?2

8.   Your ABS belt is sitting a bit low, and the top should overlap the bottom of the ab-button plates.  Please see #4 in the Centurion section below.

Reference images

lmpMIl2.jpg   zFlkRCY.jpg?1 kOUmWwg.jpg?1

9.  Your drop box on the left side is sitting noticeably lower than it should, and should be raised to level of the right one.  The tops should be touching (or very close to) the bottom of the ABS belt with no (or minimal) gap.

Reference image

OveAlE6.jpg    zPiYgMd.jpg?1

10.  Your posterior (butt) plate is riding out and should be aligned underneath your kidney plate.  Another issue that can be taken care of with some strapping alterations.

Reference image

UrZJTMM.jpg   CR7CowT.jpg?1

11.  The D-ring on your Hyperfirm is really off-kilter and should sit level with the ring mount it is attached to.

Reference image

vgVO6NC.jpg?1   HeIIfyC.png?2

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EI, items pertaining to level 3 might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

1.  The top 2 ear screws on your ears are the correct type, but the bottom ones will need to be replaced with the correct ones, as per the CRL "Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped (and) countersunk...".

Reference image

dQXKFdS.jpg   6zQKRLv.jpg?1

2.  Your shoulder bells will need to come in quite a bit.  The tops should touch (or be VERY close to) the shoulder bridges.  This will minimize the existing gaps between the shoulder bells and chest/back plates as required for level 3.

Reference image

CUz6Rkp.jpg   D4QNswS.jpg?1

3.  The ab/kidney connections will need to be tightened up to eliminate the gaps.  You may be able to so this by tightening the belt, but tighter strapping may be an alternative.

Reference image                                                                    Reference image

WVdqy6J.jpg   QdrgOFd.jpg?1   eZh4pVd.jpg?1  QdrgOFd.jpg?1

4.   I realize that you "upgraded" the belt that came with your kit yourself, but there can not be patches covering the holes, so a new belt will be needed. 

e0Cjhmf.png

5.  Although your drop boxes align with the end of the ABS belt when not wearing it, they need to align while you are wearing it.  When you decide to change canvas belts, this would be my suggestion:  The drop boxes are not required to be on a loop of elastic.  I had the same issue on my first submission, so I cut the front of the loop off and glued the back part straight to the canvas belt in the correct position.  Bada bing, done.

Reference image

5rRwzYd.jpg   WOvE20H.jpg?1

You have a bit of work in front of you, but trust me, it's not going to be as difficult as you may think to get ready for level 3.  We are here to help you in any way you need, so don't be shy about asking for advice.  It's what we do!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-11917 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (Anovos) (876)

Glad to help, Chris!  You did a really nice job on building that kit, so now you have the knowledge it will take to take care of the issues, and as I mentioned we are here to help, sir.

Your line "... look forward to the challenge of L3" is awesome... GREAT attitude!  I have every faith in ya', brother, and I'm looking forward to seeing that Centurion submission! :jc_doublethumbup:

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the EI ranks, looking forward to seeing your centurion application in the not too distant future.

• Like 1