My first build!! ANOVOS ANH stunt TK

TKModder421

2 minutes ago, TK 71627 said:

I’ve seen some at Walmart and dollar general.....probably less expensive than getting new set of thighs...

1 minute ago, TK 71627 said:

What about asking friends.... it would be easier.... yes/no ???

I'll definitely take a look at more inexpensive options

Yes! I'm actually asking friends right now. We'll see what I can come up with

Thanks Jose!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So after 24 hours I removed all the clamps, magnets and tape and the right thigh turned out great! The left thigh didn't turn out as great though

I didn't notice when I was clamping down the cover strip but the ridge where the cover strip rest on has a curve to it.

63gSfEHl.jpg

I put a green dotted line on it so you can see it a bit better

1i1oHabl.jpg

While normally I wouldn't worry too much, when I was trimming I made the ridge 10mm on both sides all the way up, but I didn't take into account

that there was a curve. So now when the cover strip lays on there flat, I end up with this ridge being exposed on the right and a slight overhang on

the left side of the cover strip.

HUIZeEXl.jpg

rrSuBXyl.jpg

mm2x3cFl.jpg

I'm aiming for upper level approval so I'm gonna rip it off and try again. But I'm wondering what would be the best way to fix this problem. I've noticed on thigh reference pics that a lot of the cover strips have a bend to them to follow the cut lines I assume.

evEha4Hl.jpg

Should I attempt to heat up the strip and add a bend to match the ridge or what I should do?? Help!!! :wacko:

• Like 1

You will find the abs strips can be bent with addition of some pressure, ie using painters tape. I use clamps magnets and painters tape, all do a job in their own way, the tape will just allow a little more pressure to be given to the cover strips for either downwards or sidewards needs ;) 

With E6000 you can just pull off again and rub off the glue, then reapply 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You will find the abs strips can be bent with addition of some pressure, ie using painters tape. I use clamps magnets and painters tape, all do a job in their own way, the tape will just allow a little more pressure to be given to the cover strips for either downwards or sidewards needs ;) 

With E6000 you can just pull off again and rub off the glue, then reapply 

OK, thank you! I'll give it a try and see what I can do. Thank goodness for E6000!!

• Like 1

So after 24 hours I removed all the clamps, magnets and tape and the right thigh turned out great! The left thigh didn't turn out as great though
I didn't notice when I was clamping down the cover strip but the ridge where the cover strip rest on has a curve to it.
63gSfEHl.jpg&key=7e2f435bcd20eaac62dddddcef397fca489db9c65d62bcd071041450ecc66c72

I put a green dotted line on it so you can see it a bit better
1i1oHabl.jpg&key=026a5aa1c6b159bab93184cce7619369085d451b8a183d87c13ad22761dfde4e

While normally I wouldn't worry too much, when I was trimming I made the ridge 10mm on both sides all the way up, but I didn't take into account
that there was a curve. So now when the cover strip lays on there flat, I end up with this ridge being exposed on the right and a slight overhang on
the left side of the cover strip.
HUIZeEXl.jpg&key=498c5f96b1e98626607a5e1fda355d2953d50aba551f4d5628324d0a343c73fc

rrSuBXyl.jpg&key=b42e97616a7ea96e11fbdf975ab422ab87622efeb50c4aaaa26e13c0721be917

mm2x3cFl.jpg&key=bcf81f84d88f6e7c7a496c88895fe3f67fb2e9fbf2ff51bb842e87a7f7e9e5a5

I'm aiming for upper level approval so I'm gonna rip it off and try again. But I'm wondering what would be the best way to fix this problem. I've noticed on thigh reference pics that a lot of the cover strips have a bend to them to follow the cut lines I assume.
evEha4Hl.jpg&key=006c8e29f73296bb3ef31e2d9e52f201823d824db440f640aa6f3214c6d5085a

Should I attempt to heat up the strip and add a bend to match the ridge or what I should do?? Help!!! :wacko:

I would attempt to bend it , or just make the cover strip like 14mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, TK 71627 said:

I would attempt to bend it , or just make the cover strip like 14mm

Would I be affecting my chances of EIB or Centurion approval if I cut down the width of the cover strip?

Would I be affecting my chances of EIB or Centurion approval if I cut down the width of the cover strip?

Why just leave ur cover strip at 10mm just trim the excess just a hair ..... it will LOOK GOOD ON THE OUTSIDE....and u can always “reinforce” it with an inside cover strip . It won’t show .

No ! ....Both cover strips have to be the same length.... just do like I tell u ...

No ! ....Both cover strips have to be the same length.... just do like I tell u ...

Cover strips BOTH have to be symmetrical....

Cover strips BOTH have to be symmetrical....

I meant WIDTH.... cover strips just need to be the same width !

38 minutes ago, TK 71627 said:

Hey, 421.... I have my thigh cover strips at 20mm ....

Yeah, that's the width mine are as well. But since my right thigh is already glued and looks good I feel it would be better to bend it a little than to trim them both down

With gluing the cover strips, I have found it easier to only do one side at a time, Yes it's more time consuming but you get more control over how it goes down

• Like 1

Not to be "indelicate" here, but if you haven't glued the backs of the thighs yet I would suggest removing the return edge in the area shown below and then resizing them.  Consider that you will be doing quite a bit of walking, and in doing so the lower part of the ab and the cod may apply pressure to those return edges (especially in the center) which can cause serious chafing.   Just a heads-up.

1al6vu5.jpg?1

Not to be "indelicate" here, but if you haven't glued the backs of the thighs yet I would suggest removing the return edge in the area shown below and then resizing them.  Consider that you will be doing quite a bit of walking, and in doing so the lower part of the ab and the cod may apply pressure to those return edges (especially in the center) which can cause serious chafing.   Just a heads-up.
  1al6vu5.jpg?1&key=72a1ccdfa472f8e3a51ecc3dfa4607d81457dc502af6ac8e623dcef8a1606a5c

Oh really?? Shoot! I wish I would've known this before. Trimming these thighs has been a pain lol. I think that would've made things a lot easier.
I do already have the back strip on the right thigh. Second to upper level approval, comfort is my next priority though. You suggest taking that one apart and taking the return edge off both? Just the inside of the thighs? Will it look strange having return return edge on the outside of the thigh and not on the inside? Do you have any images of how it should look when I do this?

3 hours ago, TKModder421 said:

Oh really?? Shoot! I wish I would've known this before. Trimming these thighs has been a pain lol. I think that would've made things a lot easier.
I do already have the back strip on the right thigh. Second to upper level approval, comfort is my next priority though. You suggest taking that one apart and taking the return edge off both? Just the inside of the thighs? Will it look strange having return return edge on the outside of the thigh and not on the inside? Do you have any images of how it should look when I do this?

You don´t have to take the thigh apart, just use a dremel and sand it down gradually:duim:

And as for the front cover strip I would take it off and bend it as you said to conform to the ridge:)

h8dUkJr.png

hW4cDNd.png

13 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

You don´t have to take the thigh apart, just use a dremel and sand it down gradually:duim:

And as for the front cover strip I would take it off and bend it as you said to conform to the ridge:)

Thanks Daniel, so you also recommend I take off the return edge on the upper thigh?

Yeah I can definitely cut down the return edge with my Dremel, I think Joseph's concern was that it would then change the fitting of the thigh. The return edge I currently have is approximately 7-10mm, so if I take off most or all of the return edge without refitting it's going to add a gap of anywhere from 14-20mm at the top of my thigh.

On my left thigh, I already took off the front cover strip so I can just cut off the return edge and then do a test fitting.

But my right thigh is finished, do you think maybe I should Dremel it down and then see how that fits and then decide whether I need to resize from there?

If I'm going to do that I'll probably start with the finished thigh, so if I decide it fits fine then I wont have to do any resizing