Is the following armor accepted

TK Weatherford

Thanks Steve.  Yeah, you guys should know that the plastic costs more than what they are selling these kits for.  I truly hope you get something, but I doubt it will be what you expect.  Twice I've tried to order costumes at a "great price" overseas (neither were SW), and twice no delivery at all.

Have you guys thought to talk to anyone in the HKG at all? We have members in Kowloon - they could easily tell you if this is a scam or not. 

Thanks Steve.  Yeah, you guys should know that the plastic costs more than what they are selling these kits for.  I truly hope you get something, but I doubt it will be what you expect.  Twice I've tried to order costumes at a "great price" overseas (neither were SW), and twice no delivery at all.

Have you guys thought to talk to anyone in the HKG at all? We have members in Kowloon - they could easily tell you if this is a scam or not. 

I think the majority think it’s a scam and it most likely is, and one member said they would check on it for us.

I’ve had the thought process that nothing will be delivered from the beginning and I’ll continue with that. I don’t recommend anyone doing it unless like stated before they have the $70 to gamble with. I’m by no means rich but I felt it was a fun gamble to take within this community of Star Wars fanatics, had it been more I probably wouldn’t have done it at all. I’ve seen this happen multiple times to hundreds of people and still made the decision to do it. I personally have done this before and had decent results but mostly not so decent results. It’s a horrible feeling when you get nothing but aggravation and no response. Did you contact your payment method? Like the credit card or PayPal.

I’m full prepare to get the run around. If I get a decent costume then I win, if I get nothing I’m prepared, if I get a crappy costume my 7 year old kid will have an interesting toy to play with while I practice my hemming to make it fit him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks. I’ll keep everyone up up to date so make sure you save the post if your interested. I doubt anything can get from China to USA in their allotted time but I’m hoping for some sort of tracking number within a few days if anything.

5 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Come on someone has to be optimistic here

I BELIEVE IN YOU FRANK! THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE SOMETHING! IT IS BETTER TO TAKE A RISK THAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM THAN TO NEVER KNOW! HOPEFULLY YOU RECEIVE ARMOR! Good luck.:P

• Like 1

LOL!!!!!  FREE Shipping on orders over $33.43 CAD   

After checking all the reviews/photos they are showing armors from at least 3 different makers, the last review posted Nov 7th 2018 is a AP build up and I know were that photo comes from.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

d3605f4001ad83e6b0d700cdc23de49e.jpg

Looks like this TK's head didn't quite make it out of the trash compactor.  Is it me, or are the boxes on the ammo belt just a little large?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phil said:

Just life advice for the average forum user, NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM EBAY! (Unless it is MTK, because he is verified)

I would not reccomend buying this to anyone, so no it is not any good. Some reasons, some of the pieces look odd or warped, the ears have the bumps seperated, the second picture looks like an action figure, and the details seem soft.

Because of the price and it being on Ebay, I would guess that is a recast of other armor (maybe TM, not sure). Overall, do not buy it and check out the vendor list for approved vendors.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

• Like 1

Bringing the real question back to life here.

I don’t know anything about seller and I wouldn’t trust someone that uses screen shots as photos. If your gonna spend that much you should just save up and get one from a quality vendor located on the forums. Probably too many modifications needed to meet 501st basic approval. Not even I would take that gamble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looks like this TK's head didn't quite make it out of the trash compactor.  Is it me, or are the boxes on the ammo belt just a little large?

But look at that belt pulled up tight to the buttons Joseph!:laugh1:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, phil said:

Just to back up what others have said, no.  The "completed photo" is a computer render, the photos look to be screen shots from another listing, and there's a few other issues I can see that would make clearance problematic.  At best this is a poor quality recast.

Your best bet is to read through these threads and then if you have any specific questions we can help you more then

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

A few years ago a guy I know bought a set of Rossi race leathers from China, the price was £150, to buy them from a Dainese shop would cost £1,300 to £1,500

Needless to say.... we in the biking community warned him before the purchase... he thought hay... might as well.... what he got was unbelievable.... in a bad way...

If the deal is too good to be true.... it isn’t a deal... it’s a scam

Someone in a facebook group posted what he got after ordering from rebatesesg.com

Here is a picture:

image.png

So be aware and don't order unless you want a cheap costume for your kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ripper_L said:

Someone in a facebook group posted what he got after ordering from rebatesesg.com

Here is a picture:

image.png

Let us know how it goes @Frank75139  :rolleyes:

these scams are popping up everywhere right now.  Including my garrison's Facebook recruit page.

unfortunately it seems scammers have easy pickings during the holidays.

- ps @ABS80 i've seen that image as well.  A few times...

• Like 1

The whole reason why I created this detachment was for reasons like this - when I joined (before Facebook) there were also a lot of scams, mostly EBay but also garrison veterans pushing new folk to their "buddies" recast crap (for lack of a better word).

But the forum solved many problems, having attaches in the garrison has helped tons too.  We created our own Facebook page to try to get people who are Facebook-centric, but aren't doing as well as hoped.  We really need more "Facebook attaches" to help with outreach.

We do our best, but alas can't get to everyone.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:57 AM, Ripper_L said:

Here is a picture:

image.png

Damn. I cant make a Deathtrooper out of that.  It will clash with the little pumpkin.

• Like 1