Site security issue

gmrhodes13

Had an issue yesterday not being able to  get on the forums, kept coming up with a security issue with website message, this was in IE11 browser. Also would not come up on IPhone or IPad. After some time I could get to the forum via IE11 BUT it was a limited layout and I could not post.

Today I’m having the same issue with IE11 BUT can now access with iPad and iPhone. I’ve also checked and can get on with Edge.

Seems it’s only an issue now with IE11 so just wanted to bring this to the attention of staff as others may be having the same issues

Note I’ve been through all the ‘how to fix security issue with IE’ and none have worked.

I know the normal response is use a different brower but I do prefer IE, much easier for editing and layouts on forums.

Cheers

Perhaps it a location issue then as I’m using windows 10 64, but as I said it wasn’t working on iPhone or iPad yesterday either so there’s something that’s been changed.

Hi

I actually had the Same issue as well..

Tried IE 64 32, Chrome and Firefox 

If you still having issues try clearing your Cache

located in Japan

Regards,

Dan

Edited by p4ntb0y

34 minutes ago, p4ntb0y said:

Hi

I actually had the Same issue as well..

Tried IE 64 32, Chrome and Firefox 

If you still having issues try clearing your Cache

located in Japan

Regards,

Dan

Yep did that, reset IE11, changed security settings, and a few other settings with no joy

But I am glad you said you had an issue as well i thought it was just my PC etc and my proxy.

I just double checked and everything is working for me I changed my proxy to testra and now is set to Melbourne seems good now...

Do you remember what the security message was saying?  We appear to be using Lets Encrypt for our SSL and they only have a 3 month life, a new one was issued yesterday so could have been related to that.

16 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Do you remember what the security message was saying?  We appear to be using Lets Encrypt for our SSL and they only have a 3 month life, a new one was issued yesterday so could have been related to that.

Can’t remember I should have taken a screen grab. IE11 will open it now but it’s a basic layout and can’t post replies, I’ll take a screen grab of that when I’m back on the computer. Was just weird as iPhone and iPad wouldn’t open the page at all at the same time, but now they are fine it’s just IE11.

I had an issue as well in the morning, but by the afternoon it had cleared up.  This was all the message said:

The strange thing is that I tried to copy it, but it wouldn't let me, so I had to type it out by hand.

YOUR CONNECTION IS NOT PRIVATE:
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from http://www.whitearmor.net (for example passwords, messages or credit cards).  Learn more.

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

4 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

I had an issue as well in the morning, but by the afternoon it had cleared up.  This was all the message said:

The strange thing is that I tried to copy it, but it wouldn't let me, so I had to type it out by hand.

YOUR CONNECTION IS NOT PRIVATE:
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from http://www.whitearmor.net (for example passwords, messages or credit cards).  Learn more.

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Very similar, I think mine started with other letters, I think D?, memory not good with my meds I’m on :laugh1:

Will try IE11 again when I’m back at the computer.

Thanks all for chiming in :salute:

32 minutes ago, p4ntb0y said:

maybe the hosting site SSL cert expired \ renewed or the time changed. I was also getting timeout errors as well later on in the day yesterday.

Yes. Yesterday the certificate expired and the auto-renew didn't work because the setting was for nginx before we switched to apache, but a small config change and renewal sorted that out and it should not happen again. No need to worry.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Locitus said:

Yes. Yesterday the certificate expired and the auto-renew didn't work because the setting was for nginx before we switched to apache, but a small config change and renewal sorted that out and it should not happen again. No need to worry.

But it still is not fixed for me with IE11, the image above is the format I am getting the forum in now and can not post to it.

Just now, Locitus said:

SSL certificates have zero impact on how a page is rendered. Clear your caches and so on.

First thing I did and again today as I posted above.

Next I suppose I’ll uninstall and reinstall again.

Hopefully reinstalling solves your problem. Sadly with Microsoft pushing Edge and depreciating IE if it is a browser issue unlikely to be fixed. Good luck.

Edited by Harbinger

Do you run anti v anti p software thats shared between devices?  A vpn?  

Ive absentmindedly clicked on bookmarkz when im vpn'd to school and all hell breaks loose.