Rhysal

Hello from Manitoba!

Hi all! New member here posting from Manitoba, Canada. I've been an unofficial member of the Mandalorian Mercs for a few months and am currently working on that build. While helping out at a few events in the last 6 months I've met members of the Badlands Garrison and have felt moved to join this lovely group as well.

So here I am! I am looking to build a TLJ Executioner after my mando, and have been poking around here, reading topics as I have time. I'm excited to do more research, plan, and most of all save up to start working on this project!

Any help or tips are appreciated for this newbie! I've read though some of the "Getting Started" topics, and did see a link to a list of more current sellers but was unable to access it.

Thanks! ^_^

(Apologies if this ends up being a double post!)

Hello and welcome aboard, some great build threads on the forum to have a read through, good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon

Welcome to the FISD, fellow Badlander!

If you can't find any names of builders that make TLJ armour, just ask. 

I'm not up on my TLJ stuff, but I'm pretty sure Jim Tripon (facebook) or  jimmiroquai@yahoo.com makes a flexible fiberglass version. 

Good luck with your research.

Hello and welcome! Jim does indeed make the armour our off flexible fibreglass. KB Props out of the U.S. has had some troubles with delivery delays and such in the last several months, but currently appear to be getting back to regular business. You will see many builds using their armour in the TFA and TLJ sections, but note that they are not on the vetted sellers list right now due to the production issues. For helmets, you'll have many different options - research is the key!

Welcome! The folks here provide a huge amount of information that will help you along the way. The key is research, and I have found that even when I thought I researched enough I need to research more. Looking forward to seeing your build thread in the future!

Diversity props also does TFA/TLJ, and are currently working on new molds. Welcome to FISD:salute:

Welcome to the FISD!!

Hi Mallory and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper: