Double D Re-approval review (FX suit!!)

Yes, this is the fabled FX suit. I was a hyper active member back in the day, but haven't been active for a few years (parenthood). Now starting to get back into it now, but requirements have changed.

While a new Greedo suit was making its way slowly from overseas, I have been referring to the modern CRL and making many changes to the suit. Of course I would love to have the latest product but soon reality sets in, and you realize at this time a new suit is not in the budget. This was not bought from another member, but my original suit worn by me over 70 times. I can even run it it!

Here are some of the changes made to the TK:

New helmet

New canister

Paint entire suit, w/ clear coats

Repaint ab buttons

Reconfigure & attach holster

Separate kidney from posterior

Canvas belt

Straps added to bells

Numerous other minor adjustments

comments?

EDIT: MY APOLOGIES FOR NOT SUPPLYING THE PICS AS MENTIONED IN THE OTHER THREAD - THE PHOTOS WERE TAKEN WITH THE IDEA OF 501ST MEMBERSHIP  BUT NOT FISD PRE-APPROVAL PROCESS.

1%20No%20Helmet.jpg

2%20Front.jpg

3%20Right.jpg

4%20Left.jpg

5%20Back.jpg

Edited by Double D
ADDITIONAL INFO

The main thing I see is the gaps between the thighs and cod are pretty significant.  From the front it looks like the shoulder bells should be pulled forward a bit, because the gap jumps out, but form the side they appear lined up.  Could be the way you're standing/holding yourself, too.  Bicep could be pulled up a tiny bit, like an inch- not a whole lot to spare there without making the elbow gap too big.  

Otherwise, looks pretty good to me!

Knee ammo pack is not mounted correctly on the thigh. The top portion should be mounted to the ridge at the bottom of the thigh, where you actually have the bottom of the ammo pack mounted to the ridge so it sits too high up. Also the bottom corners of the knee ammo pack should be rounded, although this is very difficult to see in the image.

Great to see another TK on the way here in central FL., Dennis!  Are you aiming for Hero or Stunt?  The reason I ask is that the teeth are Hero style (6 teeth) and the holster has 4 rivets attaching it t the belt.  PM sent.

Looks like a Hero! 4 fasteners. Holsters should be in the left for ANH, so that looks right? (Ha, play on words).

Great to see another TK on the way here in central FL., Dennis!  Are you aiming for Hero or Stunt?  The reason I ask is that the teeth are Hero style (6 cut-outs) but the holster in on the left.  PM sent.
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, sharkbait said:

The main thing I see is the gaps between the thighs and cod are pretty significant.  From the front it looks like the shoulder bells should be pulled forward a bit, because the gap jumps out, but form the side they appear lined up.  Could be the way you're standing/holding yourself, too.  Bicep could be pulled up a tiny bit, like an inch- not a whole lot to spare there without making the elbow gap too big.  

Otherwise, looks pretty good to me!

I think I never noticed the Thigh/ Cod gap before because I recently corrected the location of the drop boxes. They used to be (incorrectly) in front and it removed alot of the black area between those parts. Glad this is an easy fix I will just have to make a simple adjustment the next time I put it on. The bells are less of a concern but I can make a quick adjustment there as well. Thanks for your comments!

On 11/14/2018 at 2:24 AM, Sly11 said:

Knee ammo pack is not mounted correctly on the thigh. The top portion should be mounted to the ridge at the bottom of the thigh, where you actually have the bottom of the ammo pack mounted to the ridge so it sits too high up. Also the bottom corners of the knee ammo pack should be rounded, although this is very difficult to see in the image.

Yes I just did some research and you are 100% correct. A look at the screen shots on this web site confirms this. I wore this suit for years and never noticed that it was up too high. Excellent, thank you.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:55 AM, Hoda said:

Looks like a Hero! 4 fasteners. Holsters should be in the left for ANH, so that looks right? (Ha, play on words).

Yes, ANH Hero - it is funny because at the time of my original approval there was no distinction within the TK realm. It was either "Stormtrooper (TK)" or Sandtrooper (TD). ANH, ESB, ROTJ, Hero, Stunt, etc. were just whispers with nothing clearly defined like it is now.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...