TK-17529 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) (875)

Name: Eric Ripley

Height: 6'0”

Weight: 160 lbs

Armor: AP

Helmet: AP

Blaster: HyperFirm E-11

Boots: Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt: AP

Hand Plates: Rubber (AP)

Electronics: Ukswrath (Hovi-tip Speakers, Hearing Assist, & Fans)

Neck Seal: Darman's Props

Holster: AP

Build Thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43527-scimitars-anh-stunt-build-ap/

Pictures

Front:

30898113727_17ec20f282_b.jpg

Back:

44924924195_2cfcb62698_b.jpg

Left:

44924924615_fd01ca2559_b.jpg

Left Detail:

30898114017_1f45c6f1c4_b.jpg

Right:

31966828168_7ef0a4a313_b.jpg

Right Detail:

30898113847_2cfcb62698_b.jpg

Abdomen Details:

30898113667_100d9d63ee_b.jpg

Action Shot:

30898114107_2aa5fda6ab_b.jpg

Cod & Butt Plate Attachment:

30898113607_9f51ae9fed_b.jpg

44924923885_7f5c93e848_b.jpg

Interior Strapping:

31966828018_0b06f593c1_b.jpg

31966827088_1f94184571_b.jpg

Helmet Front:

45788521442_d7cb8e5652_b.jpg

Helmet Right:

45788521372_ffb70b5003_b.jpg

Helmet Left:

45113095924_37aaea9e92_b.jpg

Helmet Rear:

45113096334_e114001c0e_b.jpg

Bottom Ear Screws:

31966828298_90fcde7890_b.jpg

45113094884_b28074892b_b.jpg

Hovi Tip Details:

30898111677_834d8d662c_b.jpg

Lens Color:

31966827768_351b4d4e57_b.jpg

S-Trim:

45788520992_06a0b5afdb_b.jpg

Blaster Right:

31966827698_e47b538ddc_b.jpg

Blaster Left:

44924922645_d1503a37b9_b.jpg

Blaster D-Ring:

45113095134_7eb3b635e7_b.jpg

Neck Seal:

45788520882_1541e207ae_b.jpg

Thermal Detonator:

45837999171_5b7af8b86b_b.jpg

Holster Attachment:

30898112807_402706a5ba_b.jpg

31966827478_f4884f72fd_b.jpg

Thank you for your time and consideration!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Good job done on this armor and the submission thread. :duim:

Your strapping seems to be very robust. Nice idea to use magnets.

Thank you very much!

I'm hoping the strapping lasts a long time. And I love magnets, after borrowing Cricket's idea for the shins I was hunting other places to use them. lol

6 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Looks great, Eric! Nice work!

Thank you sir! And for all your help and input too!

5 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Well crap, Eric! How the hell am I going to get EIB when you go posting sick pictures like that?! VERY, VERY nice. You even got a professional photo shoot for this? Man.....Your pics look like they can be for an advertisement for Mark’s AP armor. Nice job.

Haha! You're going to get EIB for sure Matt! But thanks a bunch! If you look really closely in the first two pictures you'll see me holding a remote for the camera in my right hand. Haha! Some of the shots turned out like this (stormtrooper aim and all that):

30898111767_3065742b3d_b.jpg

Edited by Scimitar
  • Like 2

Really nice build on this armor, Eric!  Fantastic job on trimming the ab-button plates, and the positioning of your TD plate (one of my pet peeves) is spot-on, brother.  One of us will be with you shortly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Really nice build on this armor, Eric!  Fantastic job on trimming the ab-button plates, and the positioning of your TD plate (one of my pet peeves) is spot-on, brother.  One of us will be with you shortly.

Thanks Joseph! Can't wait! The thing about building the TD, I was excited to finally work on something that was mostly symmetrical. Haha!

Edited by Scimitar

Great job!!!!!  the only thing I see is you should narrow down the biceps, to be movie accurate trim off completely the raised edges were abs strip is glued on and reglue strip, the biceps are made a bit bigger to fit the average person, if you look closely at the original movie biceps they had no raised edges like the forearms, thighs and calves.

Mark (AP) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gwithian said:

Good luck. Your armour looks fantastic and symmetrical in a really nice way. I love it emoji3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a bunch!! :) 

2 hours ago, ABS80 said:

Great job!!!!!  the only thing I see is you should narrow down the biceps, to be movie accurate trim off completely the raised edges were abs strip is glued on and reglue strip, the biceps are made a bit bigger to fit the average person, if you look closely at the original movie biceps they had no raised edges like the forearms, thighs and calves.

Mark (AP) 

Mark, I appreciate the suggestion! And I almost did that when I first built the biceps as I saw you suggest it to someone else too, but I'm glad I tried it this way first. When I'm holding a blaster two-handed and one arm is bent, they get pretty tight around the top of the bent arm. I'm not sure I want to make them any smaller as I stand and walk like that a lot.

Edited by Scimitar
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Stop pumping so much iron like a beast and you’ll be all set!

Hahaha! I'm on the skinny side but I work out, so I have the weirdest body type. Building this armor has made me realize that even more. lol

9 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Happy Thanksgiving, Eric!

Thanks Matt! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

--------------------------------------

Something I noticed after I posted my application was that I had completely forgotten to bend my shoulder bridges down in the back, but I had not been able to fix that until today. So here are a few supplemental pictures (on my mannequin) showing that it's been done. I would have kitted up but I rushed all of this while my daughter is taking her nap. Hopefully that's ok for something like this. :)  

31065558677_5e9858d486_b.jpg

31065558807_cdb2d7e16e_b.jpg

31065558837_c750553e42_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Bud Spaklur said:

I didn’t pay too much attention to them on your earlier pics, but scrolled up to check and I see what you’re talking about. I really doubt you’ll be asked to kit-up; these newer pics definitely show the elastic straps holding the bridges down cleanly.

Yeah, I had to warm the plastic to make it more pliable and then bend the metal strips inside. The elastic straps actually aren't strong enough to affect the reinforced bridges in any way. 

Edited by Scimitar

Hey Eric, and thank you for your EIB application.  

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted. I am pleased to confirm that your your armour displays and the required components for L2. On behalf of the DO team I would like to congratulate and welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry :salute:.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections

Honestly, there is not a lot to say in this section. You have clearly done your research and made a fine set of armour. 

A suggestion for a slightly cleaner look would be to bring those thighs up a little. This will help to reduce the black gaps around the cod and also give you a little more room at the knee, handy for movement. 

FPSv4xR.jpg

As it stands, the top return edge of your ab plate is very thick. We would suggest trimming this back to match your kidney plate. This will bring it more in line with the screen used suits. (Example below)

kuItQ0j.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We have a few areas that will need to be resolved before applying for Centurion if you choose to do so. At this point, we cant see any obvious areas of concern. We look forward to seeing your Centurion application soon. 

Many congratulations on joining the ranks of EI. Back to your post, trooper... :salute:

• Like 1

• CableGuy changed the title to TK-17529 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AP) (875)
33 minutes ago, CableGuy said:
Hey Eric, and thank you for your EIB application.  

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted. I am pleased to confirm that your your armour displays and the required components for L2. On behalf of the DO team I would like to congratulate and welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry :salute:.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections

Honestly, there is not a lot to say in this section. You have clearly done your research and made a fine set of armour. 

A suggestion for a slightly cleaner look would be to bring those thighs up a little. This will help to reduce the black gaps around the cod and also give you a little more room at the knee, handy for movement. 

FPSv4xR.jpg

As it stands, the top return edge of your ab plate is very thick. We would suggest trimming this back to match your kidney plate. This will bring it more in line with the screen used suits. (Example below)

kuItQ0j.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We have a few areas that will need to be resolved before applying for Centurion if you choose to do so. At this point, we cant see any obvious areas of concern. We look forward to seeing your Centurion application soon. 

Many congratulations on joining the ranks of EI. Back to your post, trooper... :salute:

Thank you Dan!! Centurion app will be coming very soon for sure!!

And noted on the suggestions, thank you! I've been trying to decide what to do with the appearance on the ab plate return edge, only because the return edge is the same depth compared to the kidney's return edge, it's just the ab return edge is at an upward angle instead of 90*. I may try to heat it and bend it down so it matches. Either way, I'll handle it soon! Thanks again!

Edited by Scimitar
  • Like 1