SW Resistance TK build(SLOW)

To be honest, I was one of those who were skeptical about the new TK design in Resistance.

But it grew on me without knowing and when I saw the new backpack for FOTK, I immediately thought I should make one.

I already had a FOTK kit that I got from someone but it wasn't in a great shape since the previous owner made a mistake on some parts, which was a reason why I got it for VERY cheap price.

I am a very short and small so I had to make major modifications anyways.

The problems were that I had to make modifications without touching important details, which is so much harder in FOTK than OTTK. But it seemed like making animation version armor would take about the same amount of work even though I would need to scratch build some of the parts. 

Making FOTK smaller: new 3D printed forearm, heat bending parts into shape, moving some detail parts to make them look proportionally placed, new 3D printed helmet to be proportional, etc...

Making animation FOTk: same above, but without moving detail parts and instead, scratch building parts(probably 3D model them and print).

I will try to model the new helmet and the forearm designs myself and see how it goes.

I gathered some reference photos and this video shows the turnaround of Commander Pyle, whose armor is near identical to regular troops.

And this image shows some good details of hard-to-see areas like inside of the forearm.

resistance-db-commander-pyre-main-image_

Here are the photos of the current state. I will be cutting yoke down and make it to be streamlined with back and rebuild the ab piece from scratch.

IMG_5610.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

You have you’re work in front of you but it’s worth a try. The hardest is going to be the helmet, quite a difference much like what happened with the OTTK in Rebels.

Good luck, looking forward to the progress

22 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

The hardest is going to be the helmet, quite a difference much like what happened with the OTTK in Rebels.

Yup. I am going to tackle it down slowly. Thankfully, it’s not using any grill or mesh details so at least the surface prepping after the modeling-the toughest part-would be fairly easy compared to the movie TKs. 

Would this need a CRL discussion thread? I’m sure I won’t be the only one who are interested in this armor.... hopefully....

Here’s the current status of the torso. Chopped the yoke out to test fit the chest. I still need to move around the details to get the accurate locations. 

656D233C-6198-44C3-A2D2-CA86B33E4175.jpeg

8 minutes ago, crema said:

Would this need a CRL discussion thread? I’m sure I won’t be the only one who are interested in this armor.... hopefully....

You could reach out to our detachment leader Paul @Daetrin and ask his thoughts, he ultimately is the one who looks after any new TK CRL's ;) 

You will also need to supply full screen references of the costume, top to bottom, front, back and sides.

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You could reach out to our detachment leader Paul @Daetrin and ask his thoughts, he ultimately is the one who looks after any new TK CRL's ;) 

You will also need to supply full screen references of the costume, top to bottom, front, back and sides.

Will do! 

After hours of digging, I think I now have at least 3 different scenes of each sides in full body shots saved for my reference folder.

I’m glad that they are having some good amount of screen time on the animation. And the sweet new backpack!

07095A95-BC5E-45EA-9838-AAADC83770E1.jpeg

7C83118D-4871-479B-B8CC-050DFAF0F16C.jpeg

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Did you see KB was offering the bucket; moded an old tfa mold. Saw on Vonreg build; let the person making Pyre know as well. Ya'll should hit each other up if you haven't.

Will be joining yall in my vonreg soon

The build of that helmet is on this forum, there are a couple of issues with it as I've pointed out on the build thread so I'd hang off purchasing one for the moment.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been ages since I started the build!

I've been busy with my personal life and works, but decided to get back on the build to get my minds off a bit.

I started modeling the bucket to get the most accuracy, especially since we have 360 reference in hand. 

It's actually my first time modeling something that's not natural, so I've been struggling a bit with using one of the worst program (Maya, since I am not comfortable enough with CAD) to do the job, but I guess it's getting there and I am happy about it. There are a whole lot to do left, but I just wanted to show you all to say that the project is still alive.

Screenshot (1).png

• Like 2