BTCOST74's ANH TK STUNT build thread

Getting this started now.   I plan to order my AM 2.0 KIT at end of the month.  In the meantime,  I ordered a pair of jodhpur shoes, they are black but I plan to repaint them white.  For Centurian, I will have to add extra loop!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112540209629

The loop is handy to attach elastic too which then gets snapped to the inside of the shins, this helps to keep the shin down and straight, but something you may add.

I would however ask for a photo of the other side of the boots, some sellers have boots with a stepped seam on the inner sides which they purposely don’t show, this may not be the case in this instance but doesn’t hurt to check ;) 

Good luck and looking forward to the progress.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:58 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

The loop is handy to attach elastic too which then gets snapped to the inside of the shins, this helps to keep the shin down and straight, but something you may add.

I would however ask for a photo of the other side of the boots, some sellers have boots with a stepped seam on the inner sides which they purposely don’t show, this may not be the case in this instance but doesn’t hurt to check ;) 

Good luck and looking forward to the progress.

Thanks for the tip about the snap on the shin and boot pull!

• 1 month later...

My armor arrived rather quickly.    I ordered the screen accurate bracket system.   Just have few questions.    Been recently watching TrooperBay's TK build on YouTube.   He is the only one I have seen use 3in thigh elastics, yet this is also on the RS model in What We Know About Strapping Thread.   Why doesn't the Centurion level require this?  Next, is it better to go Newey Hook and elastic on the shins or velcro?   Lastly,  why does it appear on the RS TK, seen in the "What We Know About Strapping" section,  does it appear the strap brackets are bolted facing out and not on a return edge???

5 minutes ago, BTCost74 said:

He is the only one I have seen use 3in thigh elastics,

You probably just haven´t read all there is to read, I also use 3 inch:)

6 minutes ago, BTCost74 said:

Why doesn't the Centurion level require this?

As of now the CRL dosent require internal strapping for any level - only how it looks as a whole from the outside, the strapping only comes upp in the application if said strapping affects the look of the armor.. The CRL is under discussion and some changes are likely to be made, internal strapping is not one of them at this point. So what type of thigh strapping one uses is personal preference, if you want screen accuracy than it´s 3" elastic, some use 2" and another might use 1" webbing etc.

9 minutes ago, BTCost74 said:

Next, is it better to go Newey Hook and elastic on the shins or velcro? 

Personal preference - I like the hooks as it´s screen accurate, some like the velcro. 

10 minutes ago, BTCost74 said:

Lastly,  why does it appear on the RS TK, seen in the "What We Know About Strapping" section,  does it appear the strap brackets are bolted facing out and not on a return edge???

It´s beacause the armor broke and it´s "on-set repair". You can see the original holes in the return edge:salute:

5 hours ago, TheSwede said:

You probably just haven´t read all there is to read, I also use 3 inch:)

As of now the CRL dosent require internal strapping for any level - only how it looks as a whole from the outside, the strapping only comes upp in the application if said strapping affects the look of the armor.. The CRL is under discussion and some changes are likely to be made, internal strapping is not one of them at this point. So what type of thigh strapping one uses is personal preference, if you want screen accuracy than it´s 3" elastic, some use 2" and another might use 1" webbing etc.

Personal preference - I like the hooks as it´s screen accurate, some like the velcro. 

It´s beacause the armor broke and it´s "on-set repair". You can see the original holes in the return edge:salute:

Thanks for the info, appreciate that.  Now I understand. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ordered and recieved Humbrol paint set and TK helmet hardware from Trooperbay.   Also ordered white leather dye kit for boots, and vinyl spray paint from Amazon.  Since the weather here in New Jersey is getting warmer, I plan to start working on my TK soon.  Stay tuned for photos!

• Like 2