Rat

Bucket lens mounting.

Has anyone used the loctite putty for this and if so what was your experience with it?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I haven't used Loctite putty, but being an epoxy type adhesive there will be a nasty smell for a while but it should work.  The only thing is that they will be mounted permanently, but then again you really should never have to take them out.

I used SUGRU to mount the lenses in all my buckets, as I prefer the color (black), no smell, and they are removable if you ever need to do that.  I think it may be less messy as well, because if you get epoxy on the lenses while mounting them it may be difficult to remove.  I have a tutorial that may help either way you do it:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44593-how-to-attach-lenses-using-sugru/

• Like 1

Thanks Joseph.

I haven't used Loctite putty, but being an epoxy type adhesive there will be a nasty smell for a while but it should work.  The only thing is that they will be mounted permanently, but then again you really should never have to take them out.
I used SUGRU to mount the lenses in all my buckets, as I prefer the color (black), no smell, and they are removable if you ever need to do that.  I think it may be less messy as well, because if you get epoxy on the lenses while mounting them it may be difficult to remove.  I have a tutorial that may help either way you do it:
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44593-how-to-attach-lenses-using-sugru/

You make using Sugru look so easy! I had the oily stuff all over my fingers and my black finger prints were all over my helmet! It kinda reminded me of my younger son eating a pb&j sandwich, but the stuff gets everywhere beside in his mouth!

Like Joseph said, use Sugru. I used it in my helmet to mount my lenses, too. I like it because I wanted my helmet blacked-out inside. It works really well:
d76c84cc0bb3f46ab31525d2d67ccaef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So what this is is more like the sugru. It's non toxic and reusable.