Bucket lens mounting.

Rat

Has anyone used the loctite putty for this and if so what was your experience with it?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I haven't used Loctite putty, but being an epoxy type adhesive there will be a nasty smell for a while but it should work.  The only thing is that they will be mounted permanently, but then again you really should never have to take them out.

I used SUGRU to mount the lenses in all my buckets, as I prefer the color (black), no smell, and they are removable if you ever need to do that.  I think it may be less messy as well, because if you get epoxy on the lenses while mounting them it may be difficult to remove.  I have a tutorial that may help either way you do it:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44593-how-to-attach-lenses-using-sugru/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have been debating on mounting my “lense” with brackets. Right now it is one piece, and on long troops it seems to cut into the bridge of my nose. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cut them into two pieces? Is there a good template to use for this?

3 hours ago, TK-42134 said:

I have been debating on mounting my “lense” with brackets. Right now it is one piece, and on long troops it seems to cut into the bridge of my nose. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cut them into two pieces? Is there a good template to use for this?

I made my own template by putting a piece of paper inside the helmet covering the eye holes, then use a pencil to trace the eye holes from the outside. Then you will have the shape of your eye holes on the paper. Just cut those out - you'll want to cut out a larger size than what you traced so that they will cover the eye holes and there will be enough room for screws. Test the cut out paper in the helmet to check the size. Then tape them to the lens and cut them out. I used tin snips which worked well to cut the lens.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...