TK 41948 Requesting EI status for ANH Stunt (AP) (872)

Davin Aldridge

TK 41948

Canadian Garrison

Kit: AP

Belt: AP

Holster: AP

Gloves: AP

Neck Seal: Custom (Laura Aldridge)

Boots: TK Boots

E-11

Fans: UKSWRATH

Height: 5' 8"

Weight: 140 lb

Front2.thumb.jpg.5f170d1d70da8f3239efef024a368fb8.jpgBack2.thumb.jpg.965c33cec244f74625cdfe875d1e1e43.jpgLeft2.thumb.jpg.09c92e37caeba0cc8652bd0350a22682.jpg1602545527_Right2.thumb.jpg.06291aaa3b8b5878886bc4aaded435e6.jpg1515966232_LeftHelmet2.thumb.jpg.223fd30264c99640c90ea4d243052089.jpg1206295931_RightHelmet2.thumb.jpg.47b08ffd9988b3b0e0b9e059571c8c36.jpg2027641605_DRing2.thumb.jpg.6d57d8f0dc5c128a13252366d52a7948.jpg1484176804_E11Left2.thumb.jpg.8608a26ccffab7948ebcfa9b77a5bbbd.jpg1533522140_E11Right2.thumb.jpg.d9b7032ea4db2c3c590a814f3bab9332.jpg2108560654_image1(7).jpeg.60ca3bcd3667a218181ab73a2a980169.jpegimage4.jpeg.3e8dfc398b9bcae1ec39d3fa0001a52a.jpegimage3.jpeg.1f8f7000570e7684f74cf3f9449db839.jpeg1565533990_image1(8).jpeg.4a31352bae3f6c2b1439676b66113df3.jpegimage2.jpeg.519caee9c37258319d71dd62c771ec2e.jpeg

Edited by Battrooper
Neck Seal

Hi Davin, there are some photos missing in your current application thread. Please have a look at the Expert Infantry Application Photo Checklist to see, what the staff will need.

Once the information is gathered together, you can edit your posting above and add the required photos/infos.

Edited by T-Jay

Hi Davin, and thank you for your EI submission!  As Tino mentioned, before we can proceed you will need to post up the required photos.  Thanks, and looking forward to seeing the rest of them!

Great job in general but what stands out are those strips on front of the leg parts, the strips should be 20mm wide and you should cover the flat surface were strips sit on, there's way too much material showing on each side of the strips,  at 140lbs I doubt the legs are too small

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80

Mark is spot-on there, Davin.  The correct widths for the front and back of the thighs and front of the calves should be right at 20 mm.  The rear of the calf can be 25 mm because of the Velcro connection.  On occasion there is a need to have wider cover strips at the back of the thighs for larger Troopers, but as Mark mentioned you don't have that issue, and also as he suggested the flat surfaces on either side of the cover strips should be minimal, as seen in the reference images below.

Reference images

ny0dohx.jpg   cDbgvhP.jpg?1   JCdyzkN.jpg?1

You will also need to address one more issue before we can proceed, which is that the rear cover strip on your left calf is on the wrong side.  As stated in the CRL for basic approval, "The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg".

JAH29DN.jpg

Don't let this get you down or dissuade you from making the necessary changes, Davin, as overall you have done a fine job on this set of armor.  It may take a bit of time to address the above issues, but you are well on your way and I have every confidence that you will do a great job so that we can move forward with your submission!

Ok thanks for the feedback. I honestly didn't expect to get it in one. I knew the legs were a little loose but I was cautious on the cuts. 

I retrimmed the Legs and the glue is drying so I'll update as I can. 

Thanks

Edited by Battrooper
  • Like 2

MUCH better, and thanks for the updated photos!  We still need a few more of the required pics, though:

1.  Ab details (close up of ab button plates).

2.  Cod-posterior plate attachment (showing snaps/connections).

3.  Helmet (only)-  Front, back and both sides.

4.  TD back-  You have one posted now, but we need a closer shot.

SO CLOSE!  As soon as you get those in we can get started, brother.

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK 41948 Requesting EI status for ANH Stunt (AP) (Awaiting photos)
  • justjoseph63 changed the title to TK 41948 Requesting EI status for ANH Stunt (AP) (Under review)

Hi Davin , thank you for your EI application and your patience!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted, and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. On behalf of the D.O. Staff, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  First, many thanks and FANTASTIC job on fixing those cover strips!! :jc_doublethumbup:

As you know, the higher levels are all about the small details, and here are a few issues that are recommended:

1.  Your shoulder bridges are really high up in the back, and should lay flat against the back plate tabs.  A hot water bath would help you (gently) get these into the correct shape.

Reference image

5P6FVBn.jpg  ilylpDw.jpg?1

2.  Your forearms are riding a little high, and there should be a gap.  You have room at the bottom, so lowering them by adding about an inch to the forearm/bicep strapping would make them look loads better, as well as make it much easier for you to bend your arms.

Reference image

tLcqPyi.jpg  MsNGxPc.jpg?2

3.  The right ab/kidney connection appears to be at a much sharper angle than normal.  The seam should run vertically.  It may just be that the overlap is off, but if you (hopefully) submit for level 3, please check this.

Reference image

VLIOFOl.jpg   IlPRuVq.jpg?1

4.  The ends of your TD clips are flaring out, so we suggest re-shaping them to where they are flush to the TD.  They should fit tightly against it which will prevent them from snagging on anything.  The screws appear to be correct, but should you submit for Centurion please provide a close up of the screws themselves.

Reference image

aKmaKES.jpg?1    ZYbtz9f.jpg?1

5.  Not a deal breaker, but your posterior snaps are a little too close together.  In theory they should have about a 1/4 inch (5 mm) gap between them.

Reference image

rrPNTAg.jpg?1  0PfKwGh.jpg?1

6.  I would suggest cutting down the tops of your thighs a bit as seen in the photo.  The center area is perfect, but there should be a small gap.  This will also help immensely for comfort and mobility.

Reference image

lVIgYxR.jpg      eb84Of2.jpg?1

7.  Looking at the shadow underneath your sniper knee plate there appears to be a gap where there shouldn't be one, and it should fit snugly against the top of the calf.

Reference image

8lm43I7.jpg?1  eB4xcma.jpg?1   dzIBbr8.jpg?1

8.  Excellent job on trimming the large ab-button panel, but the small one could use a bit more.  Also, the gray on the ones circled could use re-doing , and the bottom blue ones are oversized.  Note in the reference image that the paint does not leave the actual button, and that it doesn't even cover it completely.

Reference image

NJ1u08s.jpg     sHRMnLE.png?1  

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

1.  The outside edges of your drop boxes will need to be aligned with the outside edges of the ABS belt.  Some E-6000 on the back of the strap should do the trick!

Reference image

cbwcpIw.jpg   C1yK6Tc.jpg?1

2.  There are a few issues with your E-11, sir, but nothing that can't be fixed.  Again, for level 3 it's all about the details. 

a).  The rear sight is backwards.  The small ridges need to be in the back.

b).  The charging handle is backward.

c).  The T-tracks need to be fitted more securely to the barrel

d).  Most of the finishes are great, but we highly suggest that you fill/sand down the 3D print lines on the barrel which will give you a much more realistic look.

9nRBW0S.jpg

Reference image                                                     Reference image

WMOYgSi.jpg?1  qdsJviU.jpg?1

Nice job on this armor, Davin, and I hope you will consider taking the suggestions to heart (after seeing what you did with those cover strips I know you have the talent) so that we can see your Centurion submission soon!

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK 41948 Requesting EI status for ANH Stunt (AP) (872)

Thank you for the time to go over the kit. I’ll review the details and see where I can go.

I’m very pleased to get it to EI status , and that most of the build was already there. 

I’ve got a troop this morning so it will be my first go in the new legs.

thanks again.

• Like 1