Electrobinoculars build

Ru4scuba

Gaskets and a little bit of red added

A813349A-D2C4-40E8-9858-C060CC8F9EC4_zps

Not it certain I’m happy with the mustard technique, it doesn’t come off easily and once painted/sanded looks more like grime (which is fine but not what I was going for in those areas).

oh well can always be tweaked if I want to come back to it later

Edited by Ru4scuba

• 11 months later...
16 hours ago, Ru4scuba said:

Been awhile since I posted...but have been approved as a HWT and also...took a shot w/the binos!

Really REALLY nice job, Chris, and outstanding job on that armor weathering!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to either wear the leather strap on the outside of your pauldron, or, you could do like that handsome devil in the second pic (:D) and lengthen the strap.  Either way it would make it easier to bring them up to "look through" them.

ZilCYAV.jpg     cc92iM9.jpg?1

On 11/12/2019 at 9:19 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Really REALLY nice job, Chris, and outstanding job on that armor weathering!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to either wear the leather strap on the outside of your pauldron, or, you could do like that handsome devil in the second pic (:D) and lengthen the strap.  Either way it would make it easier to bring them up to "look through" them.

ZilCYAV.jpg     cc92iM9.jpg?1

Thanks for the advice.  Got similar advice on my first troop with the kit so will definitely take you up on the suggestion!