9UvhIyql.jpg4k1TqiVl.jpgZPbz1VLl.jpgfvgCzeYl.jpgsgwlopil.jpgVZCoFgAl.jpg

MsXlxuLl.jpgNJ3Zgasl.jpgx5106OBl.jpgidkC7NP.jpg1TbpiNp.jpg

KrgtJmG.jpg

QRfXRYol.jpgkQNOl4Pl.jpg

gpmPvHsl.jpgwxozJUml.jpgcxDOjbH.jpgu998FvD.jpg

4MxDulxl.jpglfM6PUvl.jpg1SCCO7o.jpgHBfQ2iU.jpg

fyPUH5o.jpgbS9YHRy.jpgrK3yRIy.jpg

1oMndOo.jpg38h4XLJ.jpg

Thank you for your consideration:salute:

8l0L28O.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work.

I'm sure you won't have any issues, there are a couple of things to be aware off:

The positioning of the knee armor, they don't appear very central but I think the bagginess of the knee gaskets isn't helping that, could reduce the excess material.

You could also add a little foam on the inside sides of the shins to bring them more in alignment with the thighs.

Back plate and butt plate seem to be angled too.

Good luck with approval.

JDXzSjN.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work.

I'm sure you won't have any issues, there are a couple of things to be aware off:

The positioning of the knee armor, they don't appear very central but I think the bagginess of the knee gaskets isn't helping that, could reduce the excess material.

You could also add a little foam on the inside sides of the shins to bring them more in alignment with the thighs.

Back plate and butt plate seem to be angled too.

Good luck with approval.

JDXzSjN.jpg

Thanks:) yeah there are a few dressing issues so first I was going to suit up again but I got to eager and figured it might work :smiley-sw013: I’m a bit bow-legged so the outer shin is already pressing against the leg but I’ll try foam to the outside side of the thighs:salute:

• CableGuy changed the title to TK 99665 Requesting TFA EIB Status [KB] (Under Review)
5 hours ago, CableGuy said:

photos showing the sides of your abdomen section,

Hello Sir:salute:

Yes you can but is this something new? Not a single TFA EIB applicant has shown nor been asked to show this? It’s not mentioned as an EIB requriment, that’s already adressed in basic approval, same for the neck seal (neck seal also has aditional L3 requriment).

Not trying to be difficult or beeing afraid my armor isn’t up to snuff, only for clarity and future reference.

:salute:

2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Yes you can but is this something new? Not a single TFA EIB applicant has shown nor been asked to show this? It’s not mentioned as an EIB requriment, that’s already adressed in basic approval, same for the neck seal (neck seal also has aditional L3 requriment).

Not trying to be difficult or beeing afraid my armor isn’t up to snuff, only for clarity and future reference.

I think you will find that more makers are coming out with ab sections in pieces and our DO's would like to see that these joins are seamless, basic approval is looked after by GML's not FISD DO's. I also had to show my neck seal ;) 

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

basic approval is looked after by GML's not FISD DO's

My point exactly, I have no problem showing what’s beeing asked for just wanting to know the reason for it. No trust in GML:s I hope it’s not. If it’s curiosity then it’s not something that should hold up approval. Same with interior strapping. It’s great to include though. Perhaps make a photo list so it’s clear what to include, what’s optional and what’s mandatory :)

Hi Daniel,

As a new member of the DO team, this was my request as I could not see the seamless joins on your photos. However, you are likely to be correct. I am checking with the DO team to confirm that seeing this is not required in the L2 approval.

Thank you for your patience, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Dan

1 minute ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Daniel,

As a new member of the DO team, this was my request as I could not see the seamless joins on your photos. However, you are likely to be correct. I am checking with the DO team to confirm that seeing this is not required in the L2 approval.

Dan

No apologies needed and showing all the aspects of the armor including basic requriments help others whom are not that frequent looking through build threads. So I’m only raising this for clarity and future reference and to suggest that we make a photo list that includes a motivation as to why the applicant needs to include the photos asked for. Perhaps start a new topic in attache HQ and see what can be done? :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

No apologies needed and showing all the aspects of the armor including basic requriments help others whom are not that frequent looking through build threads. So I’m only raising this for clarity and future reference and to suggest that we make a photo list that includes a motivation as to why the applicant needs to include the photos asked for. Perhaps start a new topic in attache HQ and see what can be done? :)

Photo check lists had been started some time ago (I know I designed some) but unfortunately due to lack of interest they went no further.

35 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

My point exactly, I have no problem showing what’s beeing asked for just wanting to know the reason for it. No trust in GML:s I hope it’s not. If it’s curiosity then it’s not something that should hold up approval. Same with interior strapping. It’s great to include though. Perhaps make a photo list so it’s clear what to include, what’s optional and what’s mandatory :)

Just because I’m a GML I have never taken offence of any request for photos of a costume I have submitted for higher levels, in fact in IOC I had to supply extra research because of the accuracy I had shown, after all it is the detachments that look after those levels. 

We we are all human and some things can be missed in base approvals and costumes can be scrutinised more in the detachment which looks after that costume. I don’t think anyone was questioning your build ;) 

19 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Photo check lists had been started some time ago (I know I designed some) but unfortunately due to lack of interest they went no further.

I’d be happy to work with you and others on this:salute:

16 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I don’t think anyone was questioning your build

Didn’t take it that way either:) I’m all for scrutinizing but I also want it to be consistent that’s why I raised the question and the suggestion for a check list:salute:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Daniel,

Dan

Turns out I should offer my appologies! As there`s no TFA EIB checklist I went with the CRL when I should also be looking at the EIB checklist as when reading between the lines it`s considered somewhat universal for all the different variants although primarly designed for ANH stunt/hero/ESB/ROTJ. That list includes photos of abdomen details intended for ab buttons but could also mean the no-seam detail for TFA. It also requests a photo of the neck seal. 

My appologies Sir and I will have the photos uploaded shortly:salute:

• Like 1

Hi Daniel, welcome back!! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Right, after me keeping you hanging, (;)), let's get to your latest EIB review. All required submission photos have been posted, and I am honoured to announce your armour displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. On behalf of the D.O. Staff, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour.

Once more, you have put together a wonderful looking set of armour, with a very informative build thread to match. We really don't have a huge amount to say, just a couple of small dressing issues. 

If possible, rotating those shoulder bells a little closer towards the chest would be a good step. Also, the knee caps should be centered between the thighs and the shins, so a little adjusting here would be suggested. 

DooCUjK.jpg

Not a huge amount to report from the back. As your fellow troopers suggested, we would agree that the butt plate and waist belt could sit a little straighter and that the shins could line up with the thighs more. Perhaps a little padding on the inside of the shins to to keep them more central to your leg. 

VKdzp6h.jpg

Ref

H8t3SiS.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

As I know you’re aware, the rubber gaskets are required for L3; 

CRL: Level three certification (if applicable):

• Gaskets shall be made of rubber. Fabric gaskets are not acceptable.

...however, I really can’t see that stopping you from reaching for another Centurion!! Time to order another picture frame! :D

Once more, many congratulations on yet another EIB worthy set of armour, trooper. :salute:

• Like 1

• CableGuy changed the title to TK 99665 Requesting TFA EIB Status [KB] (868)