Belts question

Ru4scuba

Hi all,

Noticed after reviewing the threads in here that many folks recommend having two belts to swap out in case you want to convert back and forth between your HWT and ANH TK.

I know imperial issue has canvas belts for sale, but where does one go to buy the plastic parts to complete the ensemble?  

For the time being (and in order to be a HWT sooner) I will likely just remove my holster and ammo packs off my ANH TK, but would like to have 2 sets.

Chris

Wise decision by deciding to get two belts, Chris.  As you know, the HWT belt cannot have drop boxes or a holster, which can be a pain to remove and add back on.  It also needs to have some "scuffing" similar to the armor, and for level 2 it cannot have holes from removing the holster.  For the ABS belt, you may want to contact ATA, as I know they make replacement parts.  For the canvas belt, be sure that the Imperial Issue belt is the right shade of white, as some of theirs can be way too beige colored and have a lot of excess fraying on the edges.  Another option is to go with one of Rob's canvas belts, made to order in your exact size.  I own 3 and could not be happier:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/

If I can be of any help with specifics on your HWT build just let me know via PM.

• Like 1

Thx much!! Was thinking of scuffing/using my Anovos belt for HWT (after removing the boxes and holster) to get basic approval and going up from there. I’ve already got a basic mod in there to sturdy it up a bit so should work fine for that purpose.

Wanted to get the new canvas belt to have ANH TK replacement ready to go whenever I wanted to swap.

I bought two belts from Imperial Issue as the stock Anovos belt is kinda flimsy and even with mods won’t pass the higher approval levels. My two cents, buy two.

Edited by Harbinger

5 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

I bought two belts from Imperial Issue as the stock Anovos belt is kinda flimsy and even with mods won’t pass the higher approval levels. My two cents, buy two.

Did you follow a particular build to mod it?

Mod what, the Anovos belt? I replaced the canvas portion if that is what you mean. I used Tony's instructions here (but still managed to break two of the rivet covers):

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-uswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-476519

... The newer Anovos kits have unassembled belts so you may have more luck if so.

6 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Mod what, the Anovos belt? I replaced the canvas portion if that is what you mean. I used Tony's instructions here (but still managed to break two of the rivet covers):

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-uswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-476519

... The newer Anovos kits have unassembled belts so you may have more luck if so.

Thanks that answered my question...was curious if you followed a method different than Tony’s build....sorry should have phrased the question differently.

No I followed his build pretty much by-the-book, if you take a look at my build thread it is very similar. I did things in a slightly different order though (and worse, first build ever, yay).

Depending on how you build your first belt, you may not need two. My dropboxes are velcroed on and therefore are easily detachable, and my side pouch easily covers the holes from holster removal. The holster itself is just attached with chicago screws, so it's easy to take on and off too.

I consistently go back and forth depending on what an event calls for and whether I want to lug my pack for 3 hours or not.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Neb Sgird said:

Depending on how you build your first belt, you may not need two. My dropboxes are velcroed on and therefore are easily detachable, and my side pouch easily covers the holes from holster removal. The holster itself is just attached with chicago screws, so it's easy to take on and off too.

I consistently go back and forth depending on what an event calls for and whether I want to lug my pack for 3 hours or not.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

This was an encouraging post...thx for this!

im going to convert my Anovos modifies belt to a HWT belt and then, once I achieve basic HWT status I will focus on a Kittle upgrade...been thinking about the latter for awhile anyway until HWT became the main interest.

6 hours ago, Ru4scuba said:

...been thinking about the latter for awhile anyway until HWT became the main interest.

Being an HWT tends to do that, lol.  

• 3 weeks later...

I used the original Anovos limp belt for my HWT. The weight of the ammo pouches don't pull down on the belt like a holster with E-11. I removed the holster (re-used it on my Imperial Navy Trooper) and removed the drop boxes. 

The  Kittle belt which is much more solid works great when holstering the E-11 on your TK without being pulled down

Edited by ABomb

On 11/24/2018 at 12:32 AM, ABomb said:

I used the original Anovos limp belt for my HWT. The weight of the ammo pouches don't pull down on the belt like a holster with E-11. I removed the holster (re-used it on my Imperial Navy Trooper) and removed the drop boxes. 

The  Kittle belt which is much more solid works great when holstering the E-11 on your TK without being pulled down

Thx....good info.  Makes sense the Kittle would stand up better.  I modified the limp Anovos by inserting ABS plastic in between the cloth pieces...better than the original but not as good as a Kittle.