HSM76

E11 Blaster upgrade with BlastFX

I got my BlastFX some time ago and started to strip my Sterling. The original Blaster is a deactivated Sterling with cut magazine, big eagle Hengstler and M38 1942 scope, cylinders from PlayfullWolfCub, and T-tracks from Wannawanga, the rail is made by me. 

5WoYFBT.jpg

Right now everything is taken apart. I have gutted the Hengstler to make room for the display.

I have removed the barrel and bolt from the gun. They have to make place for the electronics. Also part of the trigger assembly is out. Only the trigger with feather mechanism and fire mode switch stayed in. this way I have room for the trigger of the BlastFX in there. 

The bolt will be exchanged with a pvc tube:

xV5AeCS.jpg

Q1pvKld.jpg

I made openings in it for the clip and the whole to the trigger assembly, as well as the cocking bolt. 

The raised part was done with scrap ABS from the armour. 

After that I covered the visible part with aluminum tape:

OgItJEa.jpg

Next will be the longer part of figuring out the fitting and setting of the JST connectors to make the whole assembly easier. 

Edited by HSM76
Added picture of E11

Very nice work, Sven. :duim:

I hope the aluminum foil can stand the friction from sliding through the receiver tube.

Will you paint that rail black?

Looking forward to your next update...

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

AWESOME job on that blaster, Sven!  Could you post up some pics of the other side, as well as a detail photo of the end cap showing the D-ring?  A top view pic of the magazine and magazine well would be nice as well.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Thank you very much! I hope, with the electronics I don't get to much difference in the setup. 

@T-Jay: I think I will paint the rail black as I need to route the wires for the display beneath it. That will cover it a bit.

The aluminum tape withstood the first 5 or so trials of sliding it in an out, until the cocking bolt fit as I wanted it. When the installation is done it should not move from its place, since it will hold the main part of the system, I will have to find a way to keep it (reversably) in place. 

@justjoseph63: there are some further pictures of it in my armour build thread: 

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing how your build unfolds - following =)

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just a small update right now. I will use an acrylic tube to replace the barrel and hold the LED strip of the BlastFX as well as the muzzle LED. But I had some problems with it holding in the front. This coupled with the missing retainers of the muzzle screws made me think to build a front for the new "barrel". Thus I am rebuilding the front part. Here is a picture of the two parts in rough form. The white is 4 sheets of 1mm ABS glued together, the clear part is the cap of a small plastic bottle, which fortunately nearly had the size and form of the front of the original barrel. It needs a bit more work but here is a first picture of the two parts:

4qw2dw7.jpg