Greetings & Question from TX-12285

Hi all,

Happy to be a member, still a rookie, looking forward to trooping this weekend, but I'm running into an issue.  I purchased a Shadow Trooper armor from RS Props.  I've got an email in, hoping they will reply quickly, but just in case.  I've watched a few videos on YouTube on donning armor, and it looks like most of the shoulder pieces connect in some way to the upper arm piece.  Mine does not, and I'm trying to figure out if they just failed to put in the right straps/connectors or if I'm doing something wrong.  When I put the armor on, there's nothing keeping the part on my upper arm from sliding down my arm.  The forearm and bicep piece have a strap holding them together.  Looking for any ideas, especially from anyone that bought this particular armor from the same vendor.  Thanks in advance.

Oh! And about me, I'm a 53 year old retired US Coast Guard Senior Chief, and now I'm part of the Diamond Garrison in Arkansas.

Welcome aboard. If they aren’t staying up you need something on there. Some people use snaps some permanent connection and I use velcro. Have you seen the bicep hooks? People put them on the inside of the bicep to hold the strap that goes across the shoulder bells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome board. You can use elastic between the shoulder bell and shoulder straps, attach with snaps or Velcro. Original suits had elastic glued inside the bell and attached with a snap at the shoulder elastic.

Image result for whitearmor arm strapping site:www.whitearmor.net DSC02521.jpg

Hi Bill and another welcome here. :salute:

Sounds like the straps on your shoulder bells are missing. You can contact RS or go the DIY route. I personally would ask RS, because it should be part of your suit. Just to mention: they tend to make these straps a bit long. We had people with armors built by RS and some had to shorten/relocate those straps inside the shoulder bells.

Hope this helped. If you have more questions, just let us know.

Hi Bill and welcome to the FISD.  Yeah, as mentioned (and shown by Glen) above, sounds like you are missing the elastic that attaches the shoulder bell to the bicep.  There are two DYI options to do this - the elastic that wraps around the bicep and kept in place with a "bicep hook" or, simply to attach an elastic to the inside of the shoulder bell and the inside of the bicep (along the ridge that runs along the outer part of the arm).  As far as I know, this probably should have been done by RS but it can be a pretty easy DIY fix.

Welcome Bill!

If all else fails, you could try gluing some elastic straps within the bicep armor.  Works okay for me with holding up my bicep armor and keeping it aligned, for the most part.

29930351097_d435e6e086_c.jpg