TK-14056 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (868)

Eric E.

TK-14056

Florida Garrison 

Armor: ANOVOS

Helmet: ANOVOS

Blaster: Hfx Productions E-11 (Elite model)

Height: 5’8

Weight: 142 lbs.

Boots: TK Boots

Belt: Kittel Belt 

Hand Plates: Joseph’s Handguards

Electronics: TrooperTalk with Akers amp, Bluetooth microphone, and iPhone 7

Neckseal: ANOVOS 

Holster: ANOVOS

To preface this application, I would just like to state that this costume is my first-ever build of any Star Wars costume hence why it may exhibit a few issues. Thank you.

Front 

971C7C98-2101-46B1-AF09-6E6B933D9990.thumb.jpeg.0bf7fabac69540e76ea9bb20ef337cd7.jpeg

Action Shot

XX82aIH.jpg

Back

Jww7UkK.jpg

Abdomen Details (Wearing)

PJXqhST.jpg

Left Side 

hWg7aEK.jpg

Left Side (Arms Raised)

DjJYeiw.jpg

Right Side

Sgyl1dT.jpg

Right Side (Arms Raised)

hpoirqG.jpg

Holster Attachment & Thermal Detonator 

ibSWzF9.jpg

Belt (Front)

KcEVxb9.jpg

Thermal Detonator (Back)

52IwgSl.jpg

Cod and Posterior Plate Attachment

XbSmnUl.jpg

Abdomen Details (Not wearing)

rbZM0if.jpg

Interior Strapping

GlWR8B4.jpg

D-Ring

3bBcdsB.jpg

Blaster Right

eQccgSN.jpg

Blaster Left

DLjvxmW.jpg

Neck Seal (Rear)

MPoYn1d.jpg

Neck Seal (Front)

oqjhIcM.jpg

Helmet Front 

4XJRk7H.jpg

Helmet Left

yEWosvV.jpg

Helmet Rear

iCb78qZ.jpg

Helmet Right

rFzj88L.jpg

Hovi Tips

xGGxklr.jpg

Lens Color (Backlit) 

KlNQ5l5.jpg

Edited by Erice3339

Hi Eric, and thanks for your submission!  One of us will be with you shortly, but before proceeding we will need a close-up pic of your lower ear screws.  You will also need to change out your TD screws to the flat "pan head" type as required by the level 2 CRL:

Reference image

8ZRCD66.jpg           bG0rU8w.png?1

Thanks!!!

@T-Jay is spot on there, Eric.  It looks as if you have too much padding in the top.  I had the same exact issue on my first bucket, and found I was constantly having to tilt it forward just to see anything below the horizon.  I removed the top padding and BINGO, I could see almost to the front of my boots.  Important on a troop when you have kids around you so you don't clock them in the head with your blaster or elbow.

Hi Eric , thank you for your EI application!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted, and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. On behalf of the D.O. Staff, congratulations!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.

Really nice job on this build, Eric, but there are a few areas that could use little work to make this armor look it's absolute best.  These are not requirements, but the higher levels are all about screen accuracy, and are highly suggested items to bring you closer to that should you choose to do so.

1.  The inside of the eye openings could be opened up some more at the corners.  2 minutes with a round needle file would work wonders.

iIkMmse.jpg?1  

Reference image

P2bEqqQ.jpg?1

2.    Your tube stripes are farther away from the top of the tube than normal.  They should be about a pencil width from the bottom of the cheek. 

Reference image                                                          

YnRbKQ4.jpg     qaeQWpa.jpg?1

3.  The paint on the top of the vocoder bumps could definitely stand to be defined more.  A filbert style brush makes it super easy, and if you decide to do this, I would use a satin or semi-gloss finish paint and re-do the whole thing.  Should take about 5 minutes.... easy peasy.

Reference image                                Filbert style brush

G5rPjlJ.jpg?1    IryT6Zq.jpg?2  SuCCZeT.jpg?1

4.  Your right side bicep needs to be dropped about 3/4 inch or so to where it aligns with the one on the left.  This will even out the gap at the right wrist as well.  There should be about a half inch gap between the top of the forearm and the bottom of the bicep.  Adjusting the strapping should take care of this, no problem.

Reference image

xkxsQtS.jpg   MsNGxPc.jpg?2

5.  More of a side note, really, but it looks as if the clear protective film is still on the front of your left drop box.  Easiest repair ever!

W6Z5PJm.jpg?1  DAbiQ9O.jpg?1

6.   The trim job at the top of your left thigh is spot-on, but the top of the cover strip on the right one is too squared off and could use some "Dremel love".  I'm surprised this doesn't cut into you while walking!

Reference image

xvWZAjq.jpg?1  3Mq1xwA.jpg?1

7.  The back of your right thigh could really use some adjusting.  Right now the top of the cover strip is too far off center, and it should run straight up and down.

Reference image 

I11yDAs.jpg         MYjDlzn.jpg?1

You also seem to have a larger than average gap at the rear, causing the top to jut out.

Reference image

AXWpw14.jpg?1  kwNm8Nh.jpg?2

Lastly, the rise where the cover strip ends at the top (like a point) could be trimmed down quite a bit and still be screen accurate.  This would make it a lot more comfortable I promise.

Reference image

MDGzddL.jpg?1   Yq4h5qH.jpg?1

This  is what I would suggest to take care of all 3 issues, Eric:

Remove the rear cover strip on the right thigh.  Cut out a wedge shape (as seen with the red dotted lines in the first photo on #6).  Line up the connection (it should be nearly vertical), trim the top and then re-glue the cover strip.  It will take some work of course, but I think the results would look miles better.   Don't get discouraged, though.  On my first EI submission I had a LOT more work to do... (danged near had to tear my entire build apart, but it was well worth it).  I have the confidence that you can do a great job!

8.   Not the biggest deal, but the cover strips on your left thigh/calf could line up a bit better.

Reference image

EDzR2gn.jpg     eABfkJj.jpg?1

9.  The trim work on your ab button plates is spectacular, but the paint on the buttons themselves is a bit wide.  There should actually be a tiny amount of the bottom of the buttons left unpainted. 

Reference image                                                                                                                  

5P5reeE.jpg  bQt8pP7.jpg?2

9.   To close things out, I noticed that you used snaps with a gun-metal finish.  These should be either the brass or nickel plated (silver).

FRFWpF1.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

1.  The lower ear screws will need to be replaced with the flat V-head type. 

Reference image

guIt1zZ.jpg        6zQKRLv.jpg?1                      MI7mhCz.jpg?1  

Other than those areas, nothing to add, Trooper.  You may have some work in front of you, but I'm sure you are up to the challenge!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-14056 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (868)
5 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Other than those areas, nothing to add, Trooper.  You may have some work in front of you, but I'm sure you are up to the challenge!

Thank you, Joseph! I have even gotten started already by replacing the lower ear screws. I very much appreciate your help with that. I’ll get around to including those pictures in the Centurion application eventually after starting on these other fixes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phil said:

looking good....did they use M19 scope on the E11's ?

It’s a HfxProductions “Elite” E-11. You can find them on Facebook; however, unfortunately, the owner has disappeared from the website. One of my squad mates heard from one of his friends that he may be in some legal trouble. Nonetheless, you should be able to find what scope they used on their E-11’s. 

Edited by Erice3339