Sign in to follow this  
JE the Stormtrooper

New Member From Utah With a Question.

Hey All,

I am new from Utah and just joined up.  I love the charity work and volunteer work done by members around the world and wanted to be a part of it. 

I had a question about ordering a COMPLETE Stormtrooper commission because I don't have the time to build myself.  I have heard great things about RS Prop Masters and wondered if anyone had any thoughts.  I am ready to order.  Thanks for your advice.

RS Propmasters is one of the most accurate armors out there. I would explore all your options though, armor is hugly personal and some armors fit different people’s builds better/worse. And lastly your own personal preference (some don’t like the screen-accurate bumps/“flaws” that RS has for example).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JE the Stormtrooper said:

Thanks.  Do you have any other options for complete kits?  I have looked around, but am worried about them not being 501st approved.  

Welcome! With some of the people on the vendor list, you can email about commissions and there are always others people you can commision to build a kit for you. RS Props is very accurate, and that comes with the good and the bad. First off, it is accurate (echo echo echo). But, this means that it is restrictive in sizing. If you get it commisioned by RS, they will shim the sides for weight, but they can't do much for really tall guys. Also, like Brien said, it has all of the flaws of the original armor it was cast from (not good or bad, just depends if you like the "sanitized" look or not).

My advice would be to first choose off of sizing and looks (find a balance, but sizing is more important). Then, after that, contact people for information and commision info. Good luck!

32 minutes ago, JE the Stormtrooper said:

Thanks.  Do you have any other options for complete kits?  I have looked around, but am worried about them not being 501st approved.  

Troopermaster also does commissioned builds, his armor is similar to RS but more "sanitized" as Rowan put it. In terms of others I would check out this thread:

Thanks.  I did check out the thread originally and some emails came back and some companies were no longer in business.  I did get in contact with Troopermaster as well, but their kit only includes the armor and I still need to find all the accessories and blaster.  That was why I was asking around in case there were any new ones.  Thanks for your help. 

Hi John and welcome to the FISD!  RS is a one of the best and yes it would help to know your sizes so we can help you better.  Oh and yes Mark also has you covered.  His armor is beautiful.  Can't go wrong with an AP!

Hi John and welcome to the FISD.

Yes, there are several vendors offering "ready-to-wear" builds, but I think you should first get in contact with your local garrison to meet the folks there and have a look at the different armors yourself. There are differences. Finding the best armor for you not only depends on the availability of commission builds, but also on the price, your personal preference and body shape/size.

You mentioned to be ready to order. That is very good and we all know that excited feeling. But we highly recommend to take your time and get an overview first and see some armors in person. Just my two cents. :)

Hi John and welcome to the FISD.  You already have some great advice above.  Just so you know, chances are that you will have to do some modifications to the armor to get it perfect - and some parts will need to be bought separately.  RS, TM and AP are all solid choices if they are right for your body shape and budget.  Happy hunting!

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to fisd ! 

In my opinion rs propmasters or troopermaster are the people to go with ! 

Goodluck on your quest for finding the right armor !