3d Printed Strength for R1 E-11

Big Deal

I'm still going through options as I try to decide if I can get to Centurion. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on the viability of a printed version of an E-11 being sturdy enough to hold a picatinny rail and flashlight?

I attached a rail and light to a Hasbro and it seems to be fine, but i'm not sure about 3-D printed versions. 

I had looked into getting an Airsoft version, but shipping and regulations won't permit that as far as I can see right now. I'm also interested in adding lights and sound, and I'm not sure how easily an Airsoft would accept those.

PLA is plenty strong (as long as you don’t go too light on infill) just make sure everything is glued down.

The real downsides of 3D printed blasters are more that they can break if dropped and PLA can warp from heat (don’t leave it in a hot car).

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

I have a master-blaster with blastfx in scope and counter. While it is awesome, if dropped it is over.. I am considering an aluminum pipe for the strength and all the other components bolt to it, or I use them as masters and cast out of rubber. I troop with a pratorian version (rubber), but miss the pew-pew...

• Like 1

Used some 3D printed parts within a resin build and have to say that stuff is much harder to drill or sand than resin. So, green light from the stability point of view.

• Like 1

Ok - Next question.

I've looked at what's available already printed, ie Doopydoos and some stuff on Etsy. My main issue is that the doopydoos comes with the t tracks attached already as do others offered on Etsy. Since I want to do a Rogue One variant, I really need the t-tracks something I can add after and modify. 

So - can anyone recommend a good set of files that they have either used or have seen get used that turned out okay. I'd love to have the option to add electronics but right now just getting recommended files would be awesome. I went through the 3-d files threads but it sort of goes all over the place. 

I have found the Rogue One accurate scope and I can find the counter, but I need a good base blaster file. I hope to add the completion kit as appropriate as well.