TFA Captain Cardinal

CrookKnight

If it's just the boots the CRL guide allows references from figures so really it shouldn't be an issue and I would think the LMO's would allow standard FOTK boots in red

An action figure or statue may be used as supplemental reference, but cannot not be the sole reference

For anyone following this Shawn @CrookKnight hasn't updated his build thread since June so no idea how far he has gotten in regards to CRL photos or indeed if he's finished his build.

I’m going to reach out to the LMO team and see if they can give any input. If they don’t see any issues proceeding, I’m going to go full steam ahead on Cpt Cardinal, if there is still an issue with boots, or whatever, just going to do a TFA FOTK. I would really love to do this character, but I bought this armor to troop in, and not just display. Or I might contact the Rebel Legion and see what they say since he does have a redemption story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If it's just the boots the CRL guide allows references from figures so really it shouldn't be an issue and I would think the LMO's would allow standard FOTK boots in red

An action figure or statue may be used as supplemental reference, but cannot not be the sole reference

For anyone following this Shawn [mention=25198]CrookKnight[/mention] hasn't updated his build thread since June so no idea how far he has gotten in regards to CRL photos or indeed if he's finished his build.

The only thing I have left to do is the cape. The other issue is which helmet? I used the TFA helmet from the book and since the timing works out. However, the action figure that shows the red boots has the TLJ helmet. So we need to decide which one…

Once I have enough funds for the cape and can afford to get boots made to match the color I can finish. If someone else wants to complete a build and create a CRL, please go for it. I just have a lot going on, including commissions for many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I’m going to reach out to the LMO team and see if they can give any input. If they don’t see any issues proceeding, I’m going to go full steam ahead on Cpt Cardinal, if there is still an issue with boots, or whatever, just going to do a TFA FOTK. I would really love to do this character, but I bought this armor to troop in, and not just display. Or I might contact the Rebel Legion and see what they say since he does have a redemption story.

We are not thinking this will go to the Rebel Legion are we? Boba Fett from The Mandolorian did and that was disappointing.

The only thing I have left to do is the cape. The other issue is which helmet? I used the TFA helmet from the book and since the timing works out. However, the action figure that shows the red boots has the TLJ helmet. So we need to decide which one…

Once I have enough funds for the cape and can afford to get boots made to match the color I can finish. If someone else wants to complete a build and create a CRL, please go for it. I just have a lot going on, including commissions for many others.

I totally didn’t mean to hijack your build. I’m sure it’s going to take me a few months to complete it. I’d much rather you’d be first first to complete since you started way before me and I’ve been following your build. I just want to be able to troop as him.

I believe it should be a TFA helmet due to timeline and book cover. It makes the most sense. I’m still torn on which shoulder the cape should go over since it’s different on the action figure vs the book cover.

This is a post our DL made in the Cardinal Black Series thread

"I have spoken with the LMO's (legion membership liaison's) and they are ok with this to go ahead.

There are a few things they would like to see in your thread with regards to research.

1. TFA helmet is what the LMO's are leaning towards as this is a TFA era character that was gone before TLJ (yeah I know Hasbro used the TLJ helmet, but it's a conversation you and I can have)

2. They would like to see research from cross-referencing as cardinal has a description in the book and now the action figure that should take care of any parts that are different from the standard Storm troopers."

• Like 2

Basically the only thing I can see stopping this CRL creation is the members build.

Books can't be used alone and neither can action figures, but combined we have a story. Lack of references is the number one thing that stops a CRL dead in it's tracks, number 2 is not having a completed costume and all the images required to build a complete CRL.

The descriptions for Cardinal are are easy enough as I have mentioned previously, so anyone who wants to be the CRL model and work with us on creating the CRL should be on the train.

LMO's are well aware of this character and the available resources, but nothing happens until we have a costume complete.

• Like 1

Alright. I’m committing to this. I changed my build thread to reflect it. If I can get a mod to move my build thread to the appropriate section I’d be grateful.

• Like 1

Alright. I’m committing to this. I changed my build thread to reflect it. If I can get a mod to move my build thread to the appropriate section I’d be grateful.

Awesome. Let me know where you find boots that match the armor paint. I used Cardinal Red paint, but could not find boots to match the color.

Awesome. Let me know where you find boots that match the armor paint. I used Cardinal Red paint, but could not find boots to match the color.

I got my boots and gloves from Crow Props. I actually matched the paint to the boots instead of the other way since I know nothing about dying leather. I found that Duplicolor Torch Red matches really close to his boots/gloves, and is really close to the color of the toy and the helmet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CptCasey said:

If I can get a mod to move my build thread to the appropriate section I’d be grateful.

Thread moved as requested