Star Wars Resistance

gmrhodes13

Star Wars Resistance

Star Wars Resistance is the new animated television series inspired by Japanese anime and produced by Lucasfilm Animation. The series premiered on Disney Channel on October 7, 2018, and later debuted on Disney XD in the United States and worldwide.

The series is set decades after the events of Return of the Jedi, in the era of the Star Wars sequel trilogy. It follows Kazuda Xiono, a pilot who is recruited into the Resistance to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. The series begins six months before The Force Awakens and will eventually cross over with it.

Created by: Created by Carrie Beck, Dave Filoni, Kiri Hart.

Plot: Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot for the Resistance, is tasked with a top secret mission to investigate the First Order, a growing threat in the galaxy.

SPOILERS AHEAD
V V V V V

So far episodes 1 to 4 have been a very slow, there has been the appearance of a new First Order Interceptor and red Pilot (with a very strange helmet mashup design) and of course First Order Stormtroopers (why the long face troopers)

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/41/768x438/gallery-1538992089-star-wars-resistance-tie-interceptor.jpg

We also see Phasma.

A throw back to original Stormtrooper's with a helmet and armor worn by one of the pirates in episode 3.

One character yet to make an appearance, the Gold Stormtrooper "Commander"

http://cdn.epicstream.com/assets/uploads/newscover/760x400/153869534904_-_Star_Wars_Resistance,_Commander_Pyre.jpg

Hopefully the pace will pick up in the coming episodes.

Star Wars Resistance has received 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, average audience score 80% happy. Also received an average 5.0 out of 10 on IMDb

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Watched the first few episodes, not a fan so far.

That said... that gold stormtrooper! That almost makes up for the show being such a snoozefest. Anyone know where I can get my FOTK kit goldplated? :P

I can't get past the animation style.  It just looks... terrible, honestly.  And those weird proportions bother me.  Cartoon proportions, fine, but Clone Wars did a great job and it was animated.  Also, the story line from what I've heard is more geared toward kids (nothing wrong with that, but I am in fact 32 and not 10 anymore).  

Hey - back in '77 Star Wars was also marked at kids, and look how that turned out. ;-)   It's smart for them to target the next generation of fans.  Even for my kids (11 & 13) while they may like Star Wars and Empire, most of their favs are the newer movies like The Force Awakens and Rogue One.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2018 at 4:54 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

One character yet to make an appearance, the Gold Stormtrooper "Commander"

On 10/30/2018 at 4:18 PM, Harbinger said:

Watched the first few episodes, not a fan so far.

That said... that gold stormtrooper! That almost makes up for the show being such a snoozefest. Anyone know where I can get my FOTK kit goldplated? :P

The FO Commander appeared in this week's episode.  And my first thought was "And there's the next CRL-in-progress for the FISD." :lol:

On 11/6/2018 at 3:45 PM, sharkbait said:

I can't get past the animation style.  It just looks... terrible, honestly.  And those weird proportions bother me.  Cartoon proportions, fine, but Clone Wars did a great job and it was animated.  Also, the story line from what I've heard is more geared toward kids (nothing wrong with that, but I am in fact 32 and not 10 anymore).  

The "anime-inspired" style takes some getting used to, but at least they didn't take inspiration from the more ... abstract anime out there.

1 hour ago, Wompet said:

The "anime-inspired" style takes some getting used to, but at least they didn't take inspiration from the more ... abstract anime out there.

I have watched shows in that style, so it personally does not bother me. But I can see why some don't like it, it takes some getting used to. But still, the FO helmet though...

2 hours ago, Wompet said:

The FO Commander appeared in this week's episode.  And my first thought was "And there's the next CRL-in-progress for the FISD." :lol:

When someone produces an even more cartooned Donald Duck inspired helmet :laugh1:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wompet said:

I actually like anime, and the style doesn't bother me.  I would say I like the more "mainstream" animes, though (Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Escaflowne, Helsing, Outlaw Star, Witch Hunter Robin).  Maybe because I've never seen those characters in anything but anime style, but here we have live action, semi-realistic computer generated animation, etc.  I also didn't much like the style of the Clone Wars movie that much, but I still like it better than this.  

I guess if it's not the animation I used to watch on Saturday mornings when I was a kid then it's this newfangled stuff and y'all can get off my lawn.  :laugh1:

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:00 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

When someone produces an even more cartooned Donald Duck inspired helmet :laugh1:

Great, now I'm going to think of this guy as "Commander Duck." :blink:

Do you think maybe someone at Lucasfilm Animation is familiar with the Donald Duck remarks about the FO helmets, and decided to have fun with it?

After all, Disney animators have a history of putting Easter Eggs in their work ...