ANH Stunt First Build Ever

Callidus95

Don't worry about the rivets.   You can use nuts/bolts in there as they will not be seen.

Your brow looks a touch high.  Try lowering it and adjusting the angle, then tape the ears on and post a few pics.  Worst case you could always trim more off the brow if you had to.

Edited by Digz Graavz
  • Like 1

You can adjust the opening depending where you add the pop rivets or bolts, moving the back plate backwards will give a bigger opening but you may also need to trim some off the base/opening.

Perhaps take a photo of the opening without the S trim so we can better advise you.

You can adjust the opening depending where you add the pop rivets or bolts, moving the back plate backwards will give a bigger opening but you may also need to trim some off the base/opening.

Perhaps take a photo of the opening without the S trim so we can better advise you.

377b4bb8b756f8226be9e7cbe7d2e078.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely looks like you have a lot of overlap from back to front, I would remove the rivets and adjust. To remove rivets you need to clasp the back of the river with pliers and with a sharp drill bit slowly drill the outside cap of the rivet, slowly so there isn’t any heat build up

Here is a thread for inside helmet components which show some various helmet openings for size reference https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40405-let-me-see-some-helmet-builds-looking-at-inside-ideas/?tab=comments#comment-540224

In this thread you will see what I mean by bringing the back plate further back, you can see on the images how much bigger it makes the opening compared to yours https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/46429-help-needed-helmet-assembly/

Great news, glad it worked out.

Also have a look at the ear alignments while you trim and them, ideally they should look like the image below but it's not a requirement if you don't achieve that "ideal look".

zpMZdsu.jpg

I know what you mean, get the front right, then the rear needs adjusting. All you can do is go nice and slow and keep re checking. Also you should do trial fitting with the screws tightened up as this will also change how those gaps look.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...