Boo at the Zoo

gmrhodes13

EVENT: Boo at the Zoo

DATE: Saturday 27th of October, 2018

TIME: 1.30pm till sometime after 7pm

LANDSCAPE/WEATHER: Outside, sunny and lovely. And thankfully not too hot.

TROOPERS:
TK85421 - Q - gmrhodes13
TD84000 - Kev - Plunk
TK24812 - Trevor - StormieT
BH10690 - Marcus - Slash
TI22414 - Sinead - sinurt
TI14240 - Stuart - neeson69
ID36367 - Luke - Gyurizon
ID30500 - Sarah - Skate
TI7642 - Mark - Kade
IG21897 - Johnathon - ImperialKanos
DZ4471 - Mark – Stretch
TB 20074 - Wayne - Whereswally

And lots of lovely Rebel Legon friends.

WRANGLERS:
Liz

REPORT: We rolled up at the Gate 5 Carpark, making the most of a patch of shade and chatting with the RL members till we were ready to head in.

Set up in the change rooms, a few of us took our buckets of lollies (of which we had so, so many) and went to walk the line. Turned out the line wasn’t quite as big and expected, this year’s staggered entry making things a little more relaxed. Q and I went for a stroll in the park, making friends and hanging out lollies before returning to the gate.

Closer to opening, we headed back inside the Zoo (thanks to Luke and a clever bit of officer’s initiative.) Once inside, we headed for the green, armed with buckets of sour warheads and braced for impact.

An impact that never came. The staggered entry made for comfortable and manageable waves of crowds. I didn’t get to see much more than the green and the rapidly diminishing bucket of lollies but I’m told other groups of troopers had a great time walking around.

All told, I believe we handed out over 100 litres of lollies and made ourselves very popular. Everything I heard from the public was very positive. At least at the time. I’m sure a few parents were cursing us by the time all that sugar was consumed.

Everyone looked great – Q’s spooky sounds and pets were a hit, everyone loved Mark’s bananas gun, and Plunk’s new bucket (made by Mark) was genuinely scary.

CHARITY: N/A

INJURIES: not that I know of. Some aching feet.

ARMOR REPAIRS: if any armor needs fixing

HAPPY PEOPLE: I had fun, what about everyone else.

UNHAPPY PEOPLE: Anyone?

MISSION STATUS: complete

REPORT BY: Skate

Only a few photos so far

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...