Katye's First Build Ever ANH Stunt WIP

Ok your arms are a bit out of wack. Your shoulders need to come closer to the bridges which might help with mobility. And is there something on the back of the helmet or is it the lighting? The kidney and butt plates need to be re worked so they don’t overlap as much although the belt might help with that. Legs are a bit off as well but that’s a dressing issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay let me make sure I’ve got the list right..

1. Make the should straps shorter?
2. Rotate left shin
3. Rotate left thigh
4. Top white straps make shorter so they touch the OII box
5. The butt plate needs to come in?

How do the front of the thighs and shins look they felt off to me but it was my first day in full armor

Also how does the chest look on the armor it again feels weird but I think that’s cause the boobs get in the way unfortunately

Yes I had to paint the back of my helmet because the helmet kit was 3 pieces so it was a huge pain in the butt. Do I need to just paint the whole helmet the same color?

Coming along pretty good. Nice to see you're getting helpful advice from some of the best people ever. Keep up the good work and soon we'll see you getting those higher levels.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Pretty much take a look at the CRL. See how all the cover strips are straight that’s how it has to be. Then take a look at the shoulder straps and see how on the back it doesn’t touch the box. And see how close the models shoulder bells are to the straps. That’s what your supposed to look like. Your chest looks fine in my opinion and I don’t have boobs so I’m not sure how it feels with them lol. You and I have a different body shape so we aren’t gonna look completely like the CRL model but we need to be as close as possible. As for the helmet if it’s noticeable they might make you paint the whole thing, it’s hard to tell how noticeable it is from the pics. I think if you get it all aligned properly and work on the shoulder bells your gonna be in a good position but in the end your gonna have to impress your GML so I’d reach out to them with some good pics of everything aligned and see what they say about it all. The GML will be the one that approves you so they’ll have final say.

06e20e6f639f47bd5c74e1221e1fd113.jpg

I just noticed what Frank was talking about regarding the back of the helmet. Did something happen? 13ba80907648b8eabe7864f6df2b334d.jpg&key=eca3de13c01e8cf6273f920e368168d6d623221b10b3d34f4549b68f9666cd07

The kit the helmet is 3 pieces so I had to cover that spot which I used and apoxie that dried grey but it didn’t sand very well but had to paint it. I tried matching the white but I might just have to paint the whole thing that color.

Pretty much take a look at the CRL. See how all the cover strips are straight that’s how it has to be. Then take a look at the shoulder straps and see how on the back it doesn’t touch the box. And see how close the models shoulder bells are to the straps. That’s what your supposed to look like. Your chest looks fine in my opinion and I don’t have boobs so I’m not sure how it feels with them lol. You and I have a different body shape so we aren’t gonna look completely like the CRL model but we need to be as close as possible. As for the helmet if it’s noticeable they might make you paint the whole thing, it’s hard to tell how noticeable it is from the pics. I think if you get it all aligned properly and work on the shoulder bells your gonna be in a good position but in the end your gonna have to impress your GML so I’d reach out to them with some good pics of everything aligned and see what they say about it all. The GML will be the one that approves you so they’ll have final say.

06e20e6f639f47bd5c74e1221e1fd113.jpg&key=409e79d696c683677afacb78fcc058eca3215901b794cf5ea872072bc518172b

I’ve been looking at it daily throughout the build but what y’all see helps tremendously because I look in the mirror and get discouraged cause I can’t get things to fit right by myself .

I plan on putting velcro on my boots and the inside of my shins so that should help.

From the CRL and photos I’ve seen on the forum I think my thighs sit too low in the front.. does it look that way to you?

2 hours ago, Katye said:

From the CRL and photos I’ve seen on the forum I think my thighs sit too low in the front.. does it look that way to you?

They will look fine when you alligne then like Matt suggested:duim:

• Like 1

Also, what kind of garter system do you have for your thighs? I currently use a garter system sold on the forum by Pencap. It works, but I find after awhile when I troop, I have found my thighs begin to sag a little. I may switch to a suspender system, but haven’t decided yet. I just realized in writing this, I could possibly move my snaps down further in the thigh.... but I digress.

Also, putting the Velcro on the top of your boot and the bottom of the inside of your shin will definitely help. I have done that myself and it works well.

My garter system is from Pencap.

Yes I plan on doing the Velcro. I’ve been working on fixing my straps today

From your post about my biceps, I believe they were sitting wrong in those pictures because I measured my biceps cause I had to add shims to them too.

In all I had to add shims to my biceps, kidney, and thighs.

So I shimmed my kidney wrong?

I don’t think you necessarily shimmed incorrectly- I could be wrong. I see a lot of people with the two pieces meeting more center than what you have, but then I just saw some at Centurion level in place where your kidney is meeting your ab. Don’t do anything to it and leave it for now. Once you’re all done, your best bet is to submit on the forum for the pre-approval- to get final thoughts from people about your armor. If it’s wrong, someone will chime in for sure. Leave it for now.

Great I will if worse comes to worse I’ll try to figure it out. Hopefully it’s okay.

I think the hardest part of the build is the finessing after all the cuts, bruises and blood stops lol.

• Like 1

Sorry for not giving feedback here for a while - have not been as active as usual here.

• Based on the photos, it does look like you have space in your biceps (at least at the bottom - hard to tell how tight they are at the top). If that assumption is correct, I believe you have made them a bit too big and you should resize these down.
  • For the shoulder straps, if you simply remove the flashing and leave the big bump, that's probably sufficient.
  • Hard to see in your photos, but make sure that the cover strips on the back of the shins don't go over the ridge, they should stop right under it.
  • I would suggest trimming your butt plate so that the shape is more like what is seen on screen overall. That corner might poke you! Would also echo the suggestion to lightly reshape the butt plate in a little on the sides. Recommend a hot water bath over a heat gun - much safer.
  • Using snaps or velcro will keep your belt in place in the front - it should sit horizontally and ideally covers/touches the bottom of the large button plate.
  • I would personally trim the back plate "wings" a bit. They seem longer than what is screen accurate.

For some great reference, be sure to check out the FISD gallery here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

I took new photos this weekend.

I can’t figure out how to get the back of the left thigh to not turn on me

The knee plate gives me a headache I don’t know how to fix it from popping under the thigh.

I know my detonator is in the wrong spot

I got my shoulder straps cut down per previous feedback

I shortened the shoulder bell elastic per previous feedback but now it looks goofy in the back

I believe I got the butt fixed from sticking out so much but now my kidney looks goofy

3328261e63db5441c26df72663dbaf12.jpg

edcd6297d0f83090fa701b04906d6b88.jpg

72f82fe1e2d8390733c5189fdf8f321b.jpg

18488c7da0c60344796c4e8e06ba3008.jpg

You got a lot done. A few things that might hold you up

Your shoulder bells are too small. This is why you have the gap in the back. And you’ve still got some overlap in the kidney/back area

a998b39257e67023067f8eb1907ebe62.jpg

Lines should be straight this is another issue with the shoulder bells being too small.

47bf609e58b8b9301fa96ad996aaae01.jpg

Also not sure how to fix this but you don’t want that overlap here either.

1ba630d8c4f556577b363945bb4c2a04.jpg

As for the thigh turning I think if you did a garter system that might help. Also the knee issue can be resolved with some foam inside the shin to push it out in front of the thigh. I also cut a small amount from the bottom of my shin to bring it down a bit so it didn’t catch as much.

I am using Pencaps garter system. which is great but that damn left one keeps moving, wonder if its cause of me trying to keep the knee plate from popping under it. I will try the foam in my shin to see if that helps

Yes I looked at CRL and the back and kidney connection I realized I missed it. 

The kidney on the sides I am not sure what to do because I have the strapping as tight as it can go. 

5 hours ago, Katye said:

I am using Pencaps garter system. which is great but that damn left one keeps moving, wonder if its cause of me trying to keep the knee plate from popping under it. I will try the foam in my shin to see if that helps

Yes I looked at CRL and the back and kidney connection I realized I missed it. 

The kidney on the sides I am not sure what to do because I have the strapping as tight as it can go. 

For basic you should be fine with the kidney gap. EIB if you choose to shoot for it is roughly 1/2" gap or less :duim:

5 hours ago, Katye said:

Next question would be, who sells larger shoulder bells?

AM or RT-Mod. Contact information can be found in the "Armor and where to but it" section

Agree! I’ve got AM armor and it fits me well I’m broad shouldered and about 250lbs. You could probably get a set of bells.

Yea me too on the broad shoulders and weight. It’s been a task to get it all sized right. I thought I had my kidney in the right place to be able to go higher levels but looking like that’s not the case unless I can get stubborn fat to come off

I tried to do most of the forming with the heat gun but the heat bath will be my next step if need be. Just gotta to some research on it so I don’t screw it up.

Heat bath is easier then a heat gun. Just get some hot water in a bin or bucket and dip the part in. It’ll take a bit longer to do but there’s no chance of a burn or fire.