Katye's First Build Ever ANH Stunt WIP

32 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Compare with the image I posted above, there’s a lot of material left on the inside or the eyes and you have a large gap between them.

Research is the key to this hobby ;) 

What Glen said 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Katye said:

I have installed the padding in my helmet however it still moves ALOT. What are some of the best ways to fix this or does anyone uses something different besides padding? 

Hard hat insert. I have them in all my costumes.

Okay I know I’m missing my thighs (glue is drying for my garter system that came in today) and my belt is sitting way to low.

I know I have a problem with my shoulder bells sitting really weird- not sure how to fix it?

I can’t put my helmet on by myself- I know I need to fix that but I’m not sure how

3a504cf3c6455ec334622a7fbc1da44b.jpg

f177d101f4653c488a06c14ec71376aa.jpg

59b754cc221fa62b86b291ce869ed5a4.jpg

13df5c1d032da8ff4327fc20b20e8264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ve got a good base going. Why can’t you put your helmet on? What’s holding you up? It looks like your biceps can go up a bit higher, maybe that’ll give you some arm flexibility.

I can’t bend my arms very well. I’m going to retry everything on at my moms tomorrow and take pictures, my roommates just laugh and don’t try to help get it situated.

my biceps might be the problem but I fell like my shoulder bells look funny too.

I think I got my kidney and back and butt problems fixed from before.

3 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Katye

To go back to your question in the eye sockets;

1ed2b52a682ab20c30c9e9f6d91c4313.jpg

:-)

I cut more off the left side, but I don't think you can tell from my pictures above. I will get a close up this afternoon as well once I retry everything on with help. My mom is going to help me put everything on and try to situate the arms better. My garrison hasn't done an armor party lately, there's a few of us that have been asking but if they plan one soon I might reach out to a neighboring state to see if they have a party on a weekend that I can travel a couple hours for. I am in Nashville, TN so a 4-5 hour drive wont be too bad for me I'll make a weekend out of it if I cant get it fixed without needing person to person help from a trooper. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

We can help a lot here. Once you get some better pics we’ll figure it all out. Are the shoulders connected permanently?

No I used snaps like the diagram Joseph posted in the snap setting tutorial. I have a snaps connecting the forearm, bicep, and shoulder. I also did the lip on the bicep to hold the black elastic strap. I might need to not snap the bicep to the shoulder bell and just use the back elastic strap to hold the bicep up. I was going to try both once I have extra hands to help. I never realized how hard it would be to get in the full suit by myself. I guess it probably just takes practice. 

Yea it’s not easy. I’ve seen some people that can’t get their helmet off with shoulders and arms on so it’s not completely uncommon. My shoulders are permanently attached and my biceps have a strap that’s attached with velcro to the inside of the shoulder. I am in no way saying this is the best method cause I’m still messing with it but I need help getting my arms on. The belt thing can be fixed with placement of snaps or velcro to help hold it to the armor then you’d need a hand getting it tight but it would straighten it out. Trust me Garrison guys will be a lot more helpful then your roommates in this case.

2 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Yea it’s not easy. I’ve seen some people that can’t get their helmet off with shoulders and arms on so it’s not completely uncommon. My shoulders are permanently attached and my biceps have a strap that’s attached with velcro to the inside of the shoulder. I am in no way saying this is the best method cause I’m still messing with it but I need help getting my arms on. The belt thing can be fixed with placement of snaps or velcro to help hold it to the armor then you’d need a hand getting it tight but it would straighten it out. Trust me Garrison guys will be a lot more helpful then your roommates in this case.

Definitely, I am just trying not to bug the Garrison guys too bad because I know it is holiday season. I have been working on it none stop for about 6 weeks, I am trying not to rush the 501st suit. My biggest thing is actually getting this one right so that I can finish building my other one, that's the one I am being impatient on because I am painting it navy and gold for the Nashville Predators to be able to wear to Saturday night games so I want to get it done so I can wear it. But I want to wear it the right way so I'm working on finishing building the 501st one first. Its actually been a blessing having two suits because I was able to use the other kidney for the fix from the last set of pictures I posted. 

29 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

I may have missed this earlier but who is the suit manufacturer?

Its TKUK. It actually really sturdy I read all the stuff about them but since the sale was offering 2 suits and people have gotten approved with the suit I figured Id give it a go. If it doesn't work out it'll be on me but I've actually been pretty pleased with it compared to to the comments I had read regarding it. I think the suit has changed a lot since most of those comments though but I figured since I was going to be painting one suit it was better to try this route verses spending close to $2000 bucks for two suits. Mainly a budget issue and I didn't have to go on a wait list. 

15 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Totally understandable. I know it’s possible I’m just not familiar with that brand so I’m not sure of any mods but we will do our best to get you 501st approved.

I appreciate it. I'll be taking new pictures in about 3 hours so I will post them then and hopefully go from there. 

• Like 1

Totally understandable. I know it’s possible I’m just not familiar with that brand so I’m not sure of any mods but we will do our best to get you 501st approved.

Okay here are updated photos. My eyes sit at the nose of the helmet when it’s on? I’m no sure how to fix that... fits normal when there’s no armor on

2cdcbd71b85b0f1323a912a761cc36e5.jpg

51fea35457d46af536006fd2c768b385.jpg

abecf5192cf7c577803ccc6ed3533413.jpg

91ad7d0e4dc5ef9c5dd215575273665f.jpg

f07aceae84aa8bbd4471b4a9e9ef5e3b.jpg

5edfec1154741eb163e7410ef0343ea5.jpg

5823cd9f3b716148c5d7b2a770eb981b.jpg

45db960b85b6b2f1f7a43f2a65863fc4.jpg

9cc7045ef1615c242beb7ba85e31390a.jpg

8b5515b34920f146b49775890ca97da7.jpg

6f2f1bded70c3426c148dbf102de452b.jpg