aghoneim - Requesting ANH Stunt Pre-Approval Review (ANOVOS)

aghoneim

Information:

• First/Last Name: Ahmed Ghoneim
  • Future Garrison: Canadian Garrison
  • Armor: ANOVOS
  • Helmet: ANOVOS
  • Cloth belt: ANOVOS
  • Neck seal: ANOVOS
  • Boot: TK Boots
  • Blaster: Quest Design Canada
  • Gasket: n/a
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Wight: 65 kg
  • TK Type: ANH Stunt
  • Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your build: Rat, TheSwede, and gmrhodes13 provided great advice throughout my build process. Thanks guys! I also need to thank ukswrath for the amazing build thread and Ross Walmsley for the youtube popper tutorials.

Front:

IMG-1561.jpg

Left side:

IMG-1562.jpg

Right side:

IMG-1563.jpg

Back:

IMG-1564.jpg

Ab close up:

IMG-1566.jpg

Action pose:

IMG-1567.jpg

Helmet front:

IMG-7473.jpg

Helmet left:

IMG-7474.jpg

Helmet right:

IMG-7475.jpg

E11 pics:

IMG-7476.jpg

IMG-7477.jpg

The fact that I've made it this far is amazing! Tips, feedback, are very welcome :)

Still on my to-do list:

• Connect boots to inside of shins using poppers. I'm halfway there, just got my measurements wrong. I'm hoping this will prevent my left shin particularly from sliding around. 
  • Order silicone hand guards ... the Anovos ones ... are just, yeah. They slide around a lot. 
  • Investigate a few troublesome popper connections on chest and shoulder bells that keep disconnecting when I am kitting up (bending, reaching, etc.). For now I've gone with multiple poppers to reinforce the ones that pop out occasionally.
  • Like 1

• aghoneim changed the title to aghoneim - Requesting ANH Stunt Pre-Approval Review (ANOVOS)

Looks good!  Nice job!

The only thing that popped out for me was the teeth in the straight-on shot of the helmet and the ears in the side shots.  The frown looks lop-sided (teeth look longer on the right side of the helmet).  And the ears look like the bottoms should be back a bit.  Both of these observations could be just due to the angle of the picture.  

Are the cover strips on your biceps the same width as your forearms?  Again, could just be the picture.

Good luck with approval! 

• Like 1

Looks like an easy pass for basic to me! You could reshape the vocoder paint a little for accuracy. I would recommend pushing the screen in the mic tips in a little bit too. Good luck!

Very nice job Ahmed. Now once you get your basic approval, which should be easy, lets see that EI application.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice done, should be an easy win for basic approval.

This is one of the newer Anovos' kit right?

As Rat said, let's see your EIB application later.

9 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Looks good!  Nice job!

The only thing that popped out for me was the teeth in the straight-on shot of the helmet and the ears in the side shots.  The frown looks lop-sided (teeth look longer on the right side of the helmet).  And the ears look like the bottoms should be back a bit.  Both of these observations could be just due to the angle of the picture.  

Are the cover strips on your biceps the same width as your forearms?  Again, could just be the picture.

Good luck with approval! 

Thanks Greg! I agree the frown does look a little "off" from the pics. I spent quite a bit of time straightening out the paint, since I had to re-do whatever it was that Anovos did originally. I also had difficulty adding the final tooth(?) at the edges of the frown. On one side there's more space for it, on the other there isn't. 

Cover strips for the biceps are the same width. 

8 hours ago, lucnak said:

Looks like an easy pass for basic to me! You could reshape the vocoder paint a little for accuracy. I would recommend pushing the screen in the mic tips in a little bit too. Good luck!

Thanks! Aside from touching up the frown on the Anovos helmet, I haven't done anything else with it yet. I plan on making adjustments to the helmet for L2.

2 hours ago, giskard8 said:

Nice done, should be an easy win for basic approval.

This is one of the newer Anovos' kit right?

As Rat said, let's see your EIB application later.

Yes, the cloth belt seems stronger than the original kits, and it does not come with any configuration for Hero or Stunt (holster). The frown was under-painted instead of having an overspray like the other kits as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, don't see any hold ups for basic approval

Thanks again for the help!

7 hours ago, Rat said:

Very nice job Ahmed. Now once you get your basic approval, which should be easy, lets see that EI application.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Thank you as well Rat. Especially for that last minute "save" ... you know what I'm referring to! :laugh1:

I plan on moving toward EI *soon* ... taking a bit of a break first (both for myself and my wallet!). 

• Like 2

Very nice work! As others have said, this should be an easy pass for basic approval. You'll find by wearing it that the build is an evolution. You'll tinker with it a lot after your first few troops as you find ways to make it work better for you. 

• Like 1

Very nice work! As others have said, this should be an easy pass for basic approval. You'll find by wearing it that the build is an evolution. You'll tinker with it a lot after your first few troops as you find ways to make it work better for you. 

Thanks! Yeah I’ve found that already. I wore the armor for an hour and tried going up/down stairs. The armor bites are confirmation enough that more return edge needs to be removed.

Another thing though- any thoughts on keeping poppers in place? I’ve found that some movements caused them to disconnect. Would it be weird to put a little e6000 in a popper I know I’ll need to keep in place? (at least from one end)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk