Were do you work at / work dress code?

ThayNerd

Does your work have a dress code? Do you have to wear something special to work? And where do you work at? Just curious and I thought I would ask. I work for the State of California, Dept. of Education. I don't have too bad of a dress code since my specific unit doesn't deal with the public face to face. I usually wear slacks or jeans depending on what day or if there is a big meeting and some sort of collared shirt. Fridays are t-shirt days here. Any who feel free to share! :)

tie everyday here...except on fridays when I can wear jeans and a polo shirt....

Ā 

I too am taking them on from within....started wearing my boots instead of dress shoes

Ā 

next I will see if I can go without a tie

Ā 

Ā 

forgot to say that I am in charge of international sales for an electronics manufacturing facility

I wear a light blue uniform shirt and dark blue uniform pants as I am a prison guard full time. I also so wear green as I work in the army as well.

Ā 

All uniform, all the time here:)

I wear a light blue uniform shirt and dark blue uniform pants as I am a prison guard full time. I also so wear green as I work in the army as well.

Ā 

Ā 

Chicks dig a man in uniform! B) Nice responses so far.

Suited and Booted every day!!..(suit, shirt & tie) :rolleyes:

I work in a major investment Bank in the City of London.

I sometimes wear red silk french knickers under my Paul Smith suit to protest against their

oppressive sartorial regime :angry:

Ā 

Just kidding...........they're BLUE!! :D

Ā 

Ā 

You should go in TK armor to work once. :)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I wear olivegreen officer uniform. Same color as Imperial officers in SW. Sometimes I wear camouflaged suit with high black boots. Yeah IĀ“m soldier in active duty, but primary I work with servers, computers and stuff like that :)

I work in the security industry and have to wear a uniform too. Crisp white shirt, tie, dark blue trousers and polished boots.. you know the score ;)

Ā 

I know the drill ;)

I wear pajamas to work. At least half the day I am in my pajamas. The rest of the day I'm in torn up, painted on, slob clothes.

Ā 

I work out of my home and I have no dress code. In fact, I dress better when I'm not at work. LOL When I go out for any reason I tend to wear L.L.Bean/Dockers variety of garments. No ties, but not jeans either.

network engineer for a Department store Chain.

Ā 

Most days I wear whatever I woke up in.

Ā 

While this may sound nice... It really means that after working most of the night I am waking up in time to join a few dozen conference calls from home then starting preparations for that nights work.

Ā 

that being said, when I do go into the office I sometimes avoid the business casual dress code in hopes someone will stop and reprimand me so i can explode in a frenzy of cursing and overworked frustration venting. Alas, everyone avoids eye contact with me and I go about my day unmolested in jeans and a tee.

Ā 

sigh

as long as I wear something my boss is fine *lol* in the IT department where I work we dont have a dresscode. Jeans and shirt mainly... if I feel like wearing a skirt then my guys here ask me what happened.

the guys of the logistic dept at the other end of the building have to wear shirt'n'Tie :D

I'm wearing a shirt and tie today, had a big meeting this morning/afternoon. Looking forward to peeling out of this when I get home from work.

Company issued uniform. Light blue shirt with pinstripes and dark blue trousers. Steel toed black boots and I tote around a 6 pound deadblow hammer to discourage conversational banter.

I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons as a supervisor. That means I'm stuck in a uniform all day (the supervisors now wear a white uniform shirt with navy trousers and a navy tie). The officers and other line staff get to wear a different, more utilitarian uniform. Such is the joy of management! LOL