1nfern0

Starting a build at long last in Portland, OR

Hi there TKs! My name is Garrett Winters, and I've wanted to join the 501st with a TK build since I was 15 years old trying to cobble together a Jedi costume for Halloween, and stumbled on this amazing thing called the 501st, opening up a whole new world for me.

After 16 years of research, procrastination, other costume builds (including nearly finished Imperial Officer and Royal Guard costumes), and chronic health problems, I finally purchased some ESB armor from RS last year, and I'm posting here as my promise that I'll actually start on the build (trust me, I really, really want this, but it's been hard for me to set aside the time)! 

I'd be eternally grateful for your help, support, love, and advice as I tackle this!

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing the build thread soon.

• Like 1

Welcome Garrett!

We would be honored if you would join us over at the Cloud City Garrison forums:

cloudcitygarrison.com

Be sure to keep us updated on your build.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  @daryldoak I sent my registration to the Cloud City forums, hope to join you guys soon! BTW, badass Dengar there sir. I might need to sort out a Bossk build at some point to complement it.

Edited by 1nfern0
  • Like 1

Hi Garrett, welcome to FISD.

Looking forward to see your build.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Garrett.

• Like 1

Thanks all! Slow going here getting everything ready, but I did have a question about gloves. I have these black nomex/leather Blackhawk flight gloves. Will they be admissible with the leather patches or does this count as " visible straps or logos/designs." as per the CRL (assuming that the Blackhawk logo on the back will be covered by the hand plates)?

IMG_20181110_143852_2.jpg

Garrett-

Welcome aboard! Don’t worry about taking your time. When I started my build, I was going gangbusters at first. Then, I hit a snag cutting my thigh armor, got discouraged, and stopped my build all together for months. The final 3 weeks of August, I busted my a$$ to complete it prior to the school year starting (I’m a teacher), otherwise I wouldn’t touch it.

Ask lots of questions as there are MANY on here who are very helpful. I wouldn’t have gotten over the finish line if it weren’t for these guys.

As for your gloves, you’ll just have to see where the hand plates cover the logo. Should be ok for basic as long as that logo isn’t showing.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1