Another TLJ Stormtrooper helmet? Close to screen used prop. At least I try :-)

Sano

Moldmaking done :-) 

I will cast the first helmet tomorrow. I need some practice to make the black insert piece, though. I just made one, the mesh itself came out perfect but it was a mess lol

I still expect to ship the first kits out next week :)

pw1F6YQ.jpg

• Like 2

I made the first cast yesterday but unfortunately the mothermold broke into pieces. I dont know why, I ordered new material and will do the new support shell on Tuesday / Wednesday. However this is the first cast.

I still wait for the lenses, so I will preparing the first kits and will assemble the first as my own to show the final prop as well :)

6LsS1Lq.jpg

Looking great, can you also give an @ weight when assembled please, having neck issues some helmets are just too heavy to wear.

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking great, can you also give an @ weight when assembled please, having neck issues some helmets are just too heavy to wear.

Will do! :-)

Hey guys.

So the new support shell works and is rotating in the rotocaster. 

New problem occured. The noseplate support shell broke as well -.- 

Im going to order new silicone today and will simply to a block mold and injection mold the noseplate.

I did that with the old mold and it was completly bubble free. So yea.. again a little step backwards but we are still close. :-)

Hey guys

So I just finished the new nose mold and injection molding works perfectly on that part now. 

I just need to modify the mold for the insert piece, then everything is done on my end. 

Next week I will get a lens for fitting. If that fits, I will get more lenses and will ship the kits out.

That being said, I will cast more helmets this weekend to have them in hand. 

Apologies that this project takes longer than expected.

All the best

Dino

• Like 1

Words cannot decribe how excited I am! 
After many setbacks, a lot of frustration, it is finally working! 
This is my personal cast with a test insert piece that I just did after I modified the mold 

Next week, I expect to get a lens test. If that fits, shipping out kits will follow immediately 

I learned a lot during this project, made (expensive) mistakes (note to myself: When Luke says "it will not work" , it will not work) but as always, the result matters in the end :)

I want to thank @sni9er for the constant support, @Mr Mold Maker for giving tips as well and all the supporters who helped, bringing this project to life! :)

WEA0AgZ.jpg

• Like 4

Its done :-)

Kit:

FiBmTvN.jpg

sfimye9.jpg

How it looks roughly assembled (not painted)

gRCpDIF.jpg

xvdE1Rq.jpg

JLGW0wj.jpg

Pre Orders will ship out next week, as I am waiting on the first batch of lenses. 

To place an order click the link below, where we will collect your information, when we are ready we will raise a PayPal Invoice and get your order underway!

www.bit.ly/TLJStormtrooper

All the best,

Dino

• Like 2

• 1 year later...