ANH Derived to ESB?

Hello there,
since ESB TK's are a mix of re-used and new TKs with the only real difference being the helmet, how hard is it to convert an ANH helmet to an ESB helmet and still meet centurion? Is it possible to only paint it different?

*Note* I have not received my BBB yet and I realize now that I prefer the black frown but I will be ecstatic and content with my build either way. 

Easy, check the requirements between both CRL’s, you’ll notice there are not than many replacements needed ;) 

There are a few differences in the ESB and ANH helmets, Jake.  The frown/teeth are painted black, (photo 1) as opposed to gray in ANH.  Also, for Centurion the tube stripes must be decals as opposed to painted.  The tears/traps must also be decals and not have the "hand painted" look as seen in ANH.  2 or 3 ear bumps must be painted black as opposed to one for ANH.

The hand guards are also different, (photo 2)

For ESB, the holster is worn on the right side and is held on via 2 black loops instead of being on the left side attached by rivets/screws.

9jhLLJL.jpg?1    TK esb handplates.jpeg

• Like 1

If you would like to see a spectacular ESB build, here is one that is about to be approved for EI and will be a shoe-in for Centurion.  Note the details.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/45680-tk-39093-requesting-esb-eib-status-tm-under-review/

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

For ESB, the holster is worn on the left side and is held on via 2 black loops instead of being on the right side attached by rivets.screws.

Please don't blast the new guy for pointing this out, but that should be ESB holster is worn on the right, correct?

4 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Please don't blast the new guy for pointing this out, but that should be ESB holster is worn on the right, correct?

OOps. :blink:  I would never blast anyone for being correct, Eric, and good call! :jc_doublethumbup:  I blame it on being 6 a.m. and out of Mountain Dew, lol.

• Like 1