TK-11071 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [RWA] (Locked due to inactivity)

Hi

No I meant to update the first post to have the correct photos. There are quite a few photos that’s not needed and the added photos are in following posts so it’s a long post to look over. 

But to avoid confusion and accidently removing photos that should have been there you can leave it as it is, I’ll get cracking:salute:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Hi

No I meant to update the first post to have the correct photos. There are quite a few photos that’s not needed and the added photos are in following posts so it’s a long post to look over. 

But to avoid confusion and accidently removing photos that should have been there you can leave it as it is, I’ll get cracking:salute:

Thanks Daniel :)

Hi again Stuart

I´ve been going over your photos and currently your side gaps are to big at this point. As per CRL the gaps are no more than 1/2inch (12.5mm).

I´m not sure if this can be acheived with tighter strapping or if you will need shims. For L2 shims sit flush and seams are allowed but not for L3 so if your going with shims you could do the work to make them seamless at the same time. Keep going Stuart - you got this:)

rCNk1Cg.png

Thanks Daniel, with it being such a small gap do you think I could get away with a shim just on the Kidney plate, will I have to move the rivets to the new shim?

Edited by stuartm343
add

Shimming only the kidney plate is actually what you should do, Stuart.  Rivets on the ab/kidney plates are not a requirement for level 2, but for level 3 they are and must be 10 mm from the edge.  Since you will need to shim the kidney anyway for level 2, I would move them to the shim.  Taking them off is really not that difficult.... just pry up the "legs" of the rivet (slowly, as not to snap them), use a pair of pliers to straighten them and then pop them out.

You will have some holes, of course, but these can be filled with ABS paste.   

• Like 2

• shashachu changed the title to TK-11071 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [RWA] (Locked due to inactivity)
  • shashachu locked this topic