StormieT - Request Pre-Approval Review (TFA Jimi + DIY)

lucent262

First/Last Name: Trevor Sandford

Future Garrison: Desert Scorpion Garrison

Armor Maker: 95% Jimmi + some custom parts

Helmet: Anovos

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 95kg

TK Type: TFA

Gasket Maker: Self Made

Neck Seal: Self Made

Blaster: Self made from downloaded 3d Print 

Unfortunately the snap on right shoulder popped during photos!! so you can ignore that one ! 

I've actually just printed off new belt boxes also so will be add them once I've sanded and painted them. Not a fan of these fiberglass ones.

20180929_141522.jpg

right side.jpg

right arms up.jpgback.thumb.jpg.e56f5b9181ddf95fe82935eb79c55391.jpg

left_side.jpg

left arms up.jpg

Front.jpg

Edited by lucent262
add extra photo

Nice work, just watch the heights of your thighs and shins, they are a little uneven on the back photo.

You may also want to see if you can bring the butt plate in a little, it is angled backwards.

If you look at your side photo you will notice your belt and boxes are angling downwards at the front, may need a little adjustment up or tightening.

Also your forearms are on the wrong way around, small square on forearm box goes to the inside.

500?cb=20160411001925

Forearms in Jim's kits are pretty wide, a lot of people reduce the width of them a little but that's something you may wish to do down the track it won't hold you up for basic.

Don't think your GML will have too many issues with your submission cough cough :laugh1:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Definitely looking good with basic approval. Which I see you have :D Congrats!

To add to @gmrhodes13's thoughts. Some things I did to help with my armor which is a Jim kit is I've added a strip of velcro to the top of the cod piece and back of the belt in the front so it will hold the belt in place and it doesn't slip down. This has made a hug difference. For the butt plate angle, you could probably run a thin elastic between it and the cod piece that will hold them more inward at the bottom.

Most of the remainder of the items look more to be just details when putting on the armor, shin height, thigh height, but just worth consideration.

Some things I've found the longer I've had and trooped in my kit that might be helpful going forward just for appearance and management.

My shoulder bells tended to get stuck under my biceps, this because the biceps would slip down and the shoulders were floppy and tended to slide toward my back more than front. How I resolved this is I shortened the strap I used for my bells on the front side (I had two straps for each bell, one mid back and one mid front) The front one I shorted by 3/4" which forced the bells to sit more forward.

I've also found that the armor will rub against itself and rub paint off many times...however this is minor weekend repaints now and then.

Finally if you have cracking issues, I'd highly recommend having some fiberglass cloth/resin around for underside strength and repairs. Also devcon plastic welder to fill cracks will help too. I have a build thread I'm going to detail my repair work on as well.

Congrats! you look great. It's a fantastic kit from Jim and you'll be one of the cool guys that people want to see because there's not many FOTKs!