Yxes

Greetings From the QCNC!

Greetings from the QCNC!

My name is Andrew and I've been a long time lurker to this site. A co-worker of mine led me here a year or so ago and I have been reading and looking at posts ever since. I am amped to start assembling my own TK build! I've really enjoyed going through the posts and seeing all of the amazing work and dedication that you all have poured into the site and your armor. I just bought a new place and now I finally have a garage to use a shop for all the fun projects I have lined up. I've been a Star Wars fan for my entire life and there is nothing more out there that speaks to my imagination. If you have any questions for me, AMA!

-Yxes

P.S. As for any members willing, I'd love to hear about how you got started in this epic hobby and what your favorite parts about it are! 

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing a build thread soon.

I had wanted to be a Stormtrooper since my father snuck me out of the house so my brother didn't know (he was too young) and went to a drive in cinema to see ANH in 1977, so it's his fault. Looked at purchasing armor about 17 years ago but then it was hard to find and a lot more expensive. After a marriage breakdown a close friend (who is now our CO) convinced me to go to a costume convention, heels dragging I went and ran it to the local 501st, after speaking to a member about price and availability I was hooked and signed up on the forum and ordered a kit the very next day. The rest is history and now I  have just a couple of other costumes cluttering up my back room ;) (21 501st approved)

Favourite part is the building, I now put Stormtrooper kits together for those that can't (for a small fee), gives me a real buzz to see the smiles on their faces when they first put the costume on, brings back memories of my first kit up :duim:

Good luck with the build.

• Like 2

Welcome to FISD Andrew

Hi Andrew and welcome to the FISD!  Here is my story: https://501ecg.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/why-we-troop-tk-10466/

My story is like many others.  Small boy seeing a bad a** person in black armor with blinking lights = hooked forever.  Always wanted to be like a stormtrooper.  Then 4 years ago became one lol!  Have fun in your journey.

Hi Andrew welcome to fisd !! 

Glad to have you here ! 

I can can feel the passion in your post ! And I think you will be a fine addition to fisd collection of fine troopers ! 

Something about me :

i hail from belgium and I am more a younger member of fisd and 501st legion . (22 years old)

why we do it ? 

Because we all love Star Wars and we want to share our love and experience with other people ! 

The satisfaction of assembling your own armor ! And when you finished it wear it with proud and put a smile on people their faces ! 

Give children and all other people the heartwarming feeling they deserve . Especially when they need it the most !! 

I love helping other people with their armor , where to find them or getting it to it’s maximum looks ;) 

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me or any other troopers over here at fisd ! 

Kind regards 

Welcome to the FISD, like so many others I was hooked since seeing ANH in the theater and after learning all about what the 501st does how could I not want to be apart of theis. 

If you have questions along the way make sure to start a build thread so we can help the best way possible. 

Hello and welcome to the FISD!

My story: My mother-in-law arranged for some 501st members to surprise my wife and me at our wedding. Then a little over a year later, we found ourselves in hospital for a while with our newborn child and I felt like I needed to find a way to give back to the community and help people, especially children, who are having a hard time, whatever that may be. Joined the 501st a few months later.

I think my favourite part is just seeing kids (small and big alike) getting really excited and happy. Those hospital troops have been some of the most rewarding and incredible experiences.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

So many cool stories you guys have. And lots of passion! There's nothing as exciting as finding out that someone you just met is just as hooked on SW as you are. Until I found out about the 501st, I had never really thought about how much trooping could give to the community, especially to kids! 

I appreciate you all taking the time to say hi and welcome! Hopefully within the coming weeks I can get started on an E11 and a DLT-19. Then I just need to find an old oven and get ready for a pull party! 

Welcome aboard!  Personally, the Stormtrooper was always an intriguing entity to me.  I was just so enthralled with them.  My very first Star Wars figure was of a Stormtrooper.  Over time, I decided I wanted to build TK armor, mostly for show, but wearable.  Before I was done, I knew I was going to wear this armor to make people smile.  So far, mission accomplished.