Hyperfirm not delivering or communicating

In the past I've bought several weapons from Hyperfirm with no problems, and I had been very happy with their communication, speed, and quality. However, I ordered a blaster from them on September 5th. They said that it would be shipping in 10-14 days. Since then, they've been completely unresponsive and have yet to deliver anything. I've messaged them on Facebook, as well as contacted both the email addresses associated with Hyperfirm (the only two as far as I know). Today I emailed them threatening to open a PayPal dispute if they don't at least give me an update on the blaster as it's been well over a month since I ordered it with zero communication.

I started this thread so that others might think twice before potentially wasting their time and money. I'll update it if they respond. Please also let me know if you've had any bad experiences, or if you've managed to successfully contact them in the last month.

You are correct to post this.  The reality is that it you may indeed need to file a dispute if they are unresponsive.  For certain it's best that no one place any new orders at this time until there is resolution to the satisfaction of current members.

If you were thinking of getting a hyperfirm, I'd suggest talking to the guys behind Praetorian blasters instead.  They are still in business and make an excellent product (disclosure, I have one myself and it's my go-to trooping weapon).

After multiple communication tries, I have filed a PayPal dispute with them as well. I did order from Praetorian , but he is closing up until next July so get your orders in now. Costs more, but others have commented on the high build quality. 

Just for the record I have a DLT-19 from Hyperfirm and am very happy with it, just really confused that they did not contact or respond when they figured out they would not deliver. Would have liked to received the E-11...

In addition to Praetorian, those seeking blasters of this sort might also look into Shear Tech, based in the UK.  As I understand it, they are quite popular with our UK brothers... the "HyperFirm of the UK", if you will.  (there is NO connection between the two companies!)  Shear Tech has a Facebook page... I'm not aware of any other way to reach them.  The owner seems quite responsive to PMs, however.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 10:03 PM, Daetrin said:

I'd suggest talking to the guys behind Praetorian blasters instead. 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:37 PM, kman said:

In addition to Praetorian

I'd be a little wary of them too. Sorry for the thread-highjacking but i've ordered an E-11 from them in the middle of July (supposed to ship 1 month later), have received exactly squat since (not even a tracking #). A fellow TK in my garrison ordered a few weeks before, and has gotten hers now, but it took daily pestering. Subpar communication. Only thing holding me back from applying to lvl2/3 right now :(

Edited by Ensi

Praetorian is closing down until July of next year, or that was the message I got... I did get my E-11 from them this past weekend, very well made and no worries on dropping it. When placed next to my master-blaster, you can barely tell the difference.

If it takes daily pestering, it will be worth it. 

I am having trouble with Praetorian. He  has not shipped my blaster after giving me two shipping dates and he is reading my PM's on facebook and not responding. Very cross with them as they were very chatty up until the point I paid. I am not feeling confident and hate this kind of practice. Surprised at them to be honest.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ABomb said:

Too bad. I was going over some CRLs and they mention Hyperfirm by name so at one point they must have been the standard by which all others were measured

They were.

Fortunately, the ORIGINAL owner of Hyperfirm has now opened Praetorian Blasters... and even stepped up the game, in terms of accuracy.  (See my recent comparison thread in the E11/ANH forum)

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Standrex said:

I was under the impression months ago (before this post started- surprised it hasn't been mentioned) that Hyperfirm shut down...

Yes. HyperFirm (aka HFx Productions) no longer exists. 

Last I heard Praetorian had issues, but was working through them.  I'd be leery, but not necessarily avoid at all costs just yet.  We're running out of rubberized hyperfirm/whatever the generic name for that is options.  And HFX did great work, I'm really bummed to hear they're out.  

8 hours ago, sharkbait said:

Last I heard Praetorian had issues, but was working through them.  I'd be leery, but not necessarily avoid at all costs just yet.  We're running out of rubberized hyperfirm/whatever the generic name for that is options.  And HFX did great work, I'm really bummed to hear they're out.  

The issues Praetorian had were simply that the owner got a contract job out of state, and had to move there for work.  He made arrangements to get all then-existing orders out, still, but there were some delays.  As I understand it, he has put a hold on accepting new orders until July, when his contract is up and he returns home to his workshop.  At that point, he'll resume accepting orders normally.

It's hard for anyone trying to get something RIGHT NOW, but Praetorian should be a good resource once they're up and running again.

The loss of a good vendor like Hyperfirm is indeed rough, in the short term.

There is a company in the UK called Shear Tech that also makes good rubber E11s.  Very active troopers.  You'll pay a little extra for shipping from the UK (for those of us in the US), but that's a solid option for anyone who really needs something in a shorter time window.

• Like 1