Return Edge Thighs

shootstraight

You can remove all the return edge everywhere for comfort.

The idea of return edge is, more for show less for comfort.

The only place that is a requirement for return edge is at the wrist side of the forearm which is to have no return edge at all.

It's better to leave a small return edge on all the parts if possible, with the exception of the wrist and inner forearm scoop. Trimming the return edge does not make the parts any bigger in reality, especially when you are talking about a few millimetres, and they shouldn't be assembled so tightly that you need to remove the return edge. If you need to trim any parts shorter then fair do's, but if you need extra room then simply shim the parts and keep a small return edge. It looks more professional and was an intended look for the armour.

I personally wouldn't recommend adding shims in the front, Ryan, as this may affect basic approval.  Doing that would leave a really wide gap in the bottom as well, which on the right side is not that big of a deal since it is covered by the thigh ammo pack, but since the outside cover strip only goes down to the top of the bottom ridge on the gap on left would be highly visible.  (See reference image). I would suggest adding the shim in the back, where it is OK to have a wider outside cover strip.  BTW, fantastic job on this kidney shims!!:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference image

V7keJyJ.jpg     XJQBOHw.jpg

I also thought it looked like the front of the thigh :laugh1:

Some of the screen suits had most of the lower ridge removed for more mobility

ANHTKbackscopy.jpg.42d34eee964af995ed278d34fc700e91.jpg

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/12/31/04/96/vlcsna18.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Ok, I have finished the back of the thighs and getting ready to put on the front and back strips. Should the both start at the top and run to the bottom just stopping at the lip?

BTW, I needed to trim the back bottom for knee bend. Also will need to paint the back to blend slightly with airbrush.

c93d520307498e27d43307205d727ab7.jpg

9d44c86e77b5e20830fe2fdd0e4db563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, shootstraight said:

Should the both start at the top and run to the bottom just stopping at the lip?

Correct

anhupperleftthigh2.jpg