Suprisingly cheap E-11

FacelessM

It may pass for basic approval, but nothing past that.  I can't begin to describe how many things are wrong with this particular "E-11", which looks as if it is a recast of a Hasbro model.

1.  T-tracks are all wrong

2.  No recoil spring (or even an opening for one).

3.  No charging handle.

4.  Sights are wrong.

5.  Folding stock is wrong.

6.  Sides are uneven.

Too many other things to mention...

If you are looking for an "accurate" E-11, Morgan, this is not the way to go.  You can either opt for a Hyperfirm, which is also made from a flexible material (which are not cheap, but are totally acceptable at all levels, contact slavefive for info https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/profile/1330-slavefive/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjQ1MTc2LCJpZF8yIjo2MTcwMTl9or build one using a Doopydoos kit:  https://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

Sorry to rain on your parade, brother, but you kinda' get what you pay for.  

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have,,, we are here to help!

• Like 1

Looks like a Rubies blaster painted black.  Other than the accuracy issues it will also be a bit small.  Some garrisons may accept this for basic, some won't. Check with your GML if you're not sure.

That is the perfect amount of info i needed.

I knew it was off. But not to what level it was.

Thank you

No parade raining in the slightest. I was hoping for "barely good enough" or "Not totally sucky" at the best.

Turns out it was "pretty much sucky"

I have seen mention of Hyperfirm before. but only in passing.

Is it a solid slightly rubbery blaster or am I completely wrong?

Edited by FacelessM
added a question

21 hours ago, FacelessM said:

I have seen mention of Hyperfirm before. but only in passing.

Is it a solid slightly rubbery blaster or am I completely wrong?

Yes, Hyperfirms are a rubberized material.  They're damn near indestructible and allow for high-quality details.  I have an ESB E-11 and a DLT-19 from HFx Productions/Lewis/Slavefive and they're great.  His B-Grades are hardly distinguishable from his A-Grades, so you can snag a deal that way.   Highly recommended.  You just need to add a D-Ring for higher levels of approval.  https://www.facebook.com/HFx-Productions-1669859386576227/

20 hours ago, sylverbard said:

According to his ad, tipkryton is a 501st member.  Anybody know him?

Hes sold 37 of these things.  Ugh.

"This will be a great addition to your costume and can be submitted for approval by the 501st Legion. Each regions GML will make the final decision."

Well... at least he doesn't say it's "approvable" or "approved" by the 501st.  While correct, his caveat of each GML making the final decision sounds like a great cop-out- hey I told you it was up to the GML! when this junky piece doesn't get approved.  

I personally think it's pretty shady for an actual 501st member to even hint that this thing would be good for a 501st costume, v. cosplay or just a costume.  However I don't see anything technically wrong or Legion rule-breaking in the listing, just in a pretty shady gray area.  I also think the markup is pretty high considering it's likely a rubies painted and lightly weathered- I find Rubies routinely for about $20/each.  But that's my two cents and they're not worth much in the grand scheme of things.  

• Like 2

thats my point. Trooper helping Trooper is not Trooper helping lighten troopers wallet with garbage.  If their CO knows about his activities (and the 5000.00 usd plus shipping hes made on 85 sales, assuming both threads are correct), then perhaps a discussion about how saying they are a 501st member, and using a 501st set to advertise a sale, gives the impression that the items are of 501st quality, if such a measuring tape existed for basic approval.  I am surprised that he doesnt have 85 poor seller notes.

• Like 1

His eBay page says his products ship from Manassas, Virginia.  That’s Northern Virginia, specifically; my home state of Garrison Tyranus.

I’ll look into it with my unit’s command staff.

• Like 1

I noticed that there is no sales thread here on the FISD for these (for good reason).  New folks see the term "501st" and assume that it is up to par, and I thinks it's misleading to them to say that it "can be submitted" for approval.  Heck, I could submit a slingshot for approval, but that doesn't mean it would be accepted.  

It also states that it is and ESB style blaster, but has no ESB greeblies.  Caveat emptor.

On 10/8/2018 at 2:19 PM, themaninthesuitcase said:

Looks like a Rubies blaster painted black.  Other than the accuracy issues it will also be a bit small.  Some garrisons may accept this for basic, some won't. Check with your GML if you're not sure.

I agree.  That's pretty obviously a Rubies blaster painted black, with a small amount of weathering.  Last Rubies blaster I bought was $13.  It takes  about 5 minutes to lay down a coat of black, and another 2 minutes with rub n'buff to add the weathering.  Done.  Nice markup!  I'm in the wrong business.

Many GMLs will accept Rubies for basic approvals, but definitely not all.  It's the blaster from Rebels, with mostly ANH features.  Others have already noted the many issues with this, compared to an actually accurate ANH E11.

Personally, I wish Rubies blasters (essentially unmodified, like these... some people have done spectacular accuracy modifications, but it's way less work to start from another base!) would only be approved provisionally for 6 months.  If you're still trooping with a Rubies after 6 months, it's time to upgrade.  IMO, that is.

• 1 month later...

Figured that I'd put in my two cents on this.  A while back, I purchased one of these E-11s.  They are excatly what the others have described.  A Rubies costume blaster. And not a recast either.  He must by them in bulk.  The only reason I know this is because when I recieved it, (after waiting forever), the paint job was so poor, I had to sand and repaint.  When sanding, I uncoverd the orange and white plastic the Rubies blasters come in.  In his description, he states that these are replicas as seen in ESB, but as we know that is not the case. Not to mention that they are extremly over priced. Anyways, live and learn.  I now use it for a worst case senario, emergency blaster :laugh1:, (after heavy modifications of course).