Adjusting fan speed?

Hey, everyone. I have been doing some research here on the forums on helmet fans for quite a while, but I have a question. Is there a way to control the fan speed? I know that usually, this is not needed. But I just wanted to know if there is any solid way, such as a knob. Thanks.

1 hour ago, MMcFett said:

Yeah, that is what inspired me to ask. I was wondering how exactly he did that, and how I could do it myself. Thanks though!

• Like 1

Hi, it's as simple as a potentiometer, I do (Troopacoola) fan systems, but found that the potentiometer led to the fans squeaking a fair bit, so I opted to go down the digital route.edb1342c6e9bfea23525ee38b3e50b1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Stormystormtrooper said:

Yeah, that is what inspired me to ask. I was wondering how exactly he did that, and how I could do it myself. Thanks though!

Yep those are my fans.  And as CTID stated is using a potentiometer but more technically wired as a rheostat.  I have not encountered any fan squeaking yet as mentioned.  Happy to answer any questions about it.

A cheap way to change speed is using different baterries/voltage but it will change how long they can last. 

I have two fans and normally only use one, second is for reaaly hot troops or when the first one goes flat.

Dont think you will need to reduce the speed personally.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:31 AM, themaninthesuitcase said:

I also just run mine full power.  The two fans are individually switched and normally one is plenty and means the battery lasts all day but occasionally I will run both.

Same here. When I remember to charge it.