Help Saving an Old Paint Job

Stormy3D

This paint job (Before I started removing it) was pretty bad looking. It was bumpy, too thick, and looked awful. So, I decided to splash on some thinner, and work at it. After seeing that this had done nearly nothing, (The paint on the plastic was pretty old, around a month) I decided to sand it. And now we are here:

L2JP8xG.jpg

I'm debating on how I should go on from here. Keep working on it, or just paint over it? Removing just this bit took a while. Hopefully know how to paint better, and fix this.

Thanks!

Side note: I haven't been on the forums for a long, long time. Been very busy for a while, and its great to be back. Thanks again for reading.

If you have it smoothed out and happy with the look and texture of it I would say just repaint over it.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Do the black ring first then slowly do the grey and finish with your rank bar.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

You may find the thinners in the new paint will react with the edges of the sanded older paint, you could try a section and see how it goes, if it does react then remove all of the older paint.