Please help with cracked the ABS when assembling ANOVOS armor

I'm building the ANOVOS Imperial Stormtrooper TK version and I'm a total newbie. 

I need help with a problem i created and to clarify the accuracy of the shin cover strip.

(1) While trying to bend a shoulder, the ABS became cooler than i realized and I created a crack on the left shoulder of the back plate.

Is there anything I can do to recover from this damage or do i need to find a new back plate and start over?

Back Plate - damage - exterior viewBack Plate - damage - Interior viewBack Plate - damage - Side View

I also glued the lower leg armor and the cover strips were aligned but i cant seem to get them perfectly aligned at top and bottom of the shins.  (The lines are not dead center.)  What should I do?

2088582275_ARMOR-LOWERLEG1.png.a048b5ffaeb1165a101ca3f0ae505b6b.png

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Greg

Easy repair mate.

Get a sharp blade and at the end of the crack, score a small line on the inside of the armour. This will help stop the crack spreading.

Get some white cotton (from a t-shirt or something),.and some superglue.

Cut the materiel so it fits over the crack.

Slread the glue over the area (again, inside tthe armour) and place the materiel over it. The glue will harden the cotton and form a strong bond

On the outside yuu can fill the crack with ABS paste (100% pure acetone and ABS trimmings) and sand down when its dried. Avoid using nail varnish remover as its just not strong enough.

Your armour WILL crack through time and the above method above is one I've used many a time, especially on troops. Its a handy trick to know for immediate repairs.

Hooe that helps mate.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue as I am 6'3" and had to shape the back plate too. You need to cut that return edge down to about 1/3 its current size. Then you can shape it much easier. Heat in boiling water and bend a little then heat and bend and heat and bend, don't try to do it all at once.

To fix the crack as said above but I would reinforce it with some spare trimmings of the ABS on the inside then use the Acetone/ABS paste to hide the crack on the outside.

I've had good luck fixing cracks with ABS paste and an extra small piece of ABS backing to add more thickness.  

Using a ceramic or non-plastic bowl, pour acetone (100% like from a hardware store- nail polish remover won't be strong enough) over small trimmings of matching ABS pieces.  You'll need more than you think- let sit, and stir occasionally.  If you add too much, it evaporates quickly, if you add too little, just add more.  For this fix you'll want it quite runny, and a Popsicle stick works great for spreading.  Spread it on the back of the piece first to get your technique down, then repeat the same on the front.  Glue another small piece of ABS on the back to strengthen the area.  Once the front is dry, sand down to remove any blemishes from the paste.  

I would also echo trimming the return edge down a little bit more- it will help in the long run.  

Do you have a bigger photo of the shins?  

• Like 1