kDnRHQ3.jpg

WuPyQ1J.jpg

Cheizmu.jpg

FdvYseJ.jpg

uAXM7rM.jpg

zxTzTJi.jpg

S9ELqtH.jpg

Tyh31H0.jpg

Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped     @shashachu @Seansull @TheSwede @Scimitar @StrmTRPR85 @Cricket

• Like 3

I definitely don't have as an experienced eye as many of the folks here, but I'll echo the above, should be an easy approval and quick steps to Centurion. Everything looks great Lou! Good job!

• Like 1

Wow, Lou.. just WOW!  EXCELLENT job on this AM armor, sir.  You have obviously been studying some of the submissions in the Advanced Tactics area, as your attention to detail is incredible.  :salute:

You should have absolutely no problems for basic approval, and I expect to see your submission for Expert Infantry right after!  The one thing you will need to address for that is your left ear could stand to be moved back a bit.  The right one is OK, but if you look at the difference in the area between the front of the round part and the tear there is a smaller gap.

Note on the screen used bucket below how the center of the top lines up with the rear of the trap, and that it is angled back.  Yours doesn't need to be quite that severe, but it should be closer to it.  

Also, once you get your basic approval, don't forget to apply for Legion access here on the FISD!  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/

Again, outstanding work, sir!  (Nice hand guards, btw, :D).

7pM3gQB.jpg?1    zambJbm.jpg      KFXjbdi.jpg?1

• Like 1

Looks great, Lou!  Nice job with how you were able to get the backs of the shins and thighs lined up.  (Steve and I agonized over those cuts!)

The only thing I can see that might need attention for Centurion (you are applying for Centurion, right?  ;)  ) is that the drop boxes on your belt could use a little more securing.  When your belt is flat, you've got the boxes lined up correctly to the ends of the plastic belt.  But when the belt is on you, I can see the drop boxes are sliding in a bit.  Adding a drop of e6000 between the white elastic and canvas belt will help to keep those boxes in check.

gallery_12157_11_679744.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Joseph,

I am going to L3, so thank you for the heads up on the left ear. Don't forget those are your Hovi tips as well (excellent on the tips, screws, rivits, and hand guards), couldn't have done it without them.

How does this look on the move? Will need to do ABS paste and repaint the screws.

x03fpXo.jpg

5 hours ago, Cricket said:

Looks great, Lou!  Nice job with how you were able to get the backs of the shins and thighs lined up.  (Steve and I agonized over those cuts!)

The only thing I can see that might need attention for Centurion (you are applying for Centurion, right?  ;)  ) is that the drop boxes on your belt could use a little more securing.  When your belt is flat, you've got the boxes lined up correctly to the ends of the plastic belt.  But when the belt is on you, I can see the drop boxes are sliding in a bit.  Adding a drop of e6000 between the white elastic and canvas belt will help to keep those boxes in check.

Thanks Christine! Could not have done the second set of shins without you and the magic range top shattering cauldron of water. To say I was nervous after screwing up the first set (cause I screwed up the lines on the thighs) is an understatement. 

E6000 is drying on the boxes and belt, thanks for the catch!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LTM said:

Hey Joseph,

I am going to L3, so thank you for the heads up on the left ear. Don't forget those are your Hovi tips as well (excellent on the tips, screws, rivits, and hand guards), couldn't have done it without them.

How does this look on the move? Will need to do ABS paste and repaint the screws.

x03fpXo.jpg

MUCH better, Lou... really nice job!  When doing the ABS paste thing, here are a few tips...

1.  Remove the ear.  This will give you better access to the area.

2..  Place a piece of painter's tape on the inside of the hole to seal it.

3.  Mask off the area on the front as close to the hole as close as you can get.  This will keep any excess from the rest of the area.

4.  Put in just enough paste to fill the hole, and try not to over fill it.  I suggest using a sharp implement, dipping it in the paste and letting it drop in.

5.  After it dries/cures, use a super fine grit sandpaper to smooth it down.  Keeping the tape on (or re-taping it) will keep you from making scratches outside the repaired area.

You really shouldn't need to polish it as it is so small and will probably not be noticeable, but that's up to you.

6.  Post up a pic of your work!  :duim:

• Like 3

On 10/2/2018 at 10:49 AM, LTM said:

Don't forget those are your Hovi tips as well

I think you mean Tony's..(ukswrath)  :D

Easy basic pass!  Great job there, trooper!  I spy a lot of Centurion details, and I don't see anything major jumping out at me that would prevent that.  

Those ears are just a royal pain- there's no way around it.  

• Like 1