Ironmonk Requesting Pre Approval Review (AP)

Ironmonk

Darrell (Ironmonk)

Ohio Garrison (Oregon, OH)

Armor, Helmet, Cloth Belt all by Authentic Props (AP)

Neck Seal by Trooperbay

Boots by Imperial Boots

Blaster is a cheap plastic one I bought on Amazon and painted (This is just temporary until I get my "real" blaster)

I am 5'9" tall and 150#

ANH Stunt

Thanks to the many folks who posted excellent build threads, diagrams, supply lists, hints, etc.  It's really difficult to single anyone out. I've found this to be a very helpful community. I admit I was intimidated when I started because I'd never built anything like this before, but you all gave me confidence and were very helpful. A special thank you to wook1138 whose AP build I followed closely and TheSwede for his expertise.

The plan is to apply for EIB and Centurion eventually. All helpful comments are welcome!

NnVOfHq.jpg

ybk75Dp.jpg

I'm aware the TD is crooked. I need to add some velcro to the belt so I can cinch it up tighter.

tQ7HXmB.jpg

iKNziHL.jpg

IFE34kL.jpg

MvW69Od.jpg

ne9DUfg.jpg

iIukmZA.jpg

b3VuVvd.jpg

bc1JRdT.jpg?1

u7iG39e.jpg?1

1T10uWU.jpg

And one final shot for fun...

4pCEJyv.jpg

• Like 3

Should have no problem for clearing basic approval.

2 things to watch out: Bring the shoulder bells closer to the chest if you can (by adjusting strappings) and watch out for the knee sniper plate poking into the thigh (some padding in the back of the thigh will solve that).

You look sharp to shoot for EIB.

• Like 1

Nice work should be an easy pass, try tightening your belt a little, it should sit higher at the back, also you doo have some excess belt material which goes past the TD you may want to remove ;) 

Good luck

• Like 1

Looking great Darrell:duim: Basic is given - great work! I can see Centurion beeing well within your reach as well and just a few things to improve the overall look would be to try and reducing the size of the smaller ab plate (se ref pic) 

mUQgG6x.jpg?1

You can reduce the size of the buttons and it will still look proprtional.

Did some drawing just to give you an idea.

jUCZCb5.jpg

Like Arthur said I also recommend to get the bells closer to the chest and it looks like the bells could come closer to the biceps, perhaps shortening the strapping around the bicep will fix that, could also be a simple dressing issue.

fGFAjaG.jpg

Only a few small things, you did great on the build fitting the armor to your body:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley::salute:

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

Nice job!  I'm glad the build helped!

As mentioned, you are good for basic... at least.  Most of what is mentioned above could be dressing issues.  Daniel makes a good point regarding the button plate.

For your shoulder bells - try giving them a little hot water bath to change the curve of the bottom.  They tend to be a little narrow front to back - if that makes sense.  Or tighten up the elastic that goes around the bicep - that can help too.  Your forearms could come down a touch to balance out the black space between your hand guards and forearms versus your forearms and bicep. Sometime this is just a matter of giving the forearms a little tug down - at least until your elastics get a bit more worn.

Again, looks great!

• Like 1