7. Boot Maker: Funtasma

9. Blaster Maker: Rubies

11. Height: 5’9”

12. Weight:  205

13. TK type: ANH Stunt

Just looking for basic approval

https://imgur.com/a/RwAp7JI

Edited by Zippiesdrainage

From what I can see a couple of things stand out.
The first is that your shoulder bells are really far out and appear to not be attached.
The second is it doesn't look like you have any connection between your cod and butt plate.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I agree. Overall you're mostly there. The shoulders need some attention to get them to line up properly and most of all reliably. We raise and lower our arms a lot and if your bell keeps shifting around you're quickly gonna become an unhappy trooper. Get that belt up and secured where it belongs should solve that bit. You need to get that butt-ab strap in there to fix your back screen door:laugh1:

Once you sort that stuff out post some  new photo's from head to toe. Maybe against a neutral wall.

You're almost ready to miss your target Trooper!:duim:

• Like 1

Hi Patrick,

I highly recommend you go check out the EIB request threads in the “Advanced Tactics” area here on the forum. You will get a better idea how to look really sharp in armor.

You are almost there, just work a little bit more on the issues our guys mentioned above and you will be trooping in no time!

• Like 1

Hi Patrick,

Great advise from the others.

I can see that you have a few different threads at the moment with different pics in each. If it were me, I’d post all of your pictures to one thread, including kitted up photos and individual parts. Best way to do that is to use the “BBCODE” option in Imgur and post those links into your thread. This way, the images show up right there in the thread, rather than being redirected to an image hosting site.

Your armour is getting there. The community is here to help you if we can get some clearer pics.

Best wishes

Dan

• Like 1

https://imgur.com/a/RwAp7JI

updated pictures with shoulders belt and butt adjusted. 

Sorry the old old link isn’t working I’ll edit that one to this newer one.

And I realize after speaking with my local garrison that the helmet is not approvable, but I’ll have the proper helmet soon.

Also, if I could get some advice or ideas: the armor is comfortable enough but I don’t have enough gap between thighs and shins to really walk very well. I’m going to need to trim to open up that space and I was curious where I can safely trim away and still be approvable to make it easier to walk.

And I realize after speaking with my local garrison that the helmet is not approvable, but I’ll have the proper helmet soon.

Hi there,

Out of curiosity, what is it about the WTF helmet your garrison/GML doesn’t like? I have a Garrison mate who got approved with a Walt’s bucket...

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

Hey Patrick:)

I have a few suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor and take you closer to approval.

I can see you don`t have alot to work with but try and bend those shoulderbridges so they curve from the chest onto the back plate. (see ref pic below)

At the knee the cover strips should stop at the ridge as indicated by the blue lines. However as you mentioned triming for mobility we`ll get to that.

GqJmkTv.jpg

EHu1Gcf.jpg

Here`s how you can trim the backs and still be approvable and at all levels, I know your going for basic but in case any one else is reading.

You can trim from both the thighs and the shins or choose one or the other, since you have a gap on the left thigh I would start with the thighs. And, if you decide to trim on all pieces then you will at the same time fix the coverstrips as you cut it down.

na3M4Jh.jpg

Looking at the shins I noticed they open from the outside when it should be the other way around

x4AxOcn.jpg

And I don`t see any elastic that goes around the biceps? You can also remove some more of the lower return edge on the shoulder bells and that will help them come closer.

2CTs067.jpgYCipk0c.jpg

Good luck on approval:salute:

• Like 1

Just a couple of other things, your drop boxes should be in line with the ends of the belt.

You have some extra velcro showing on the side of the belt which should be removed.

TD clips are a little long and stick out under the belt.

You have quite a large gap on your sides and I woukd suggest adding some shims to reduce this.

You also are showing the top of your neck seal on the rear photo.

WTF helmets have been approved in the past, perhaps the issue is the size in comparison to your armor?

I would also suggest when you take your next photos to try have a blank backround without the sun shinning from behind,  your GWL would welcome that ;) 

A bit of tweaking and I'm sure you'll get there. Good luck 

Collecting suggestions. Thank you for the feedback, let me know if I missed anything.

Helmet: Yeah it’s not a full sized helmet I think is the issue. Also I see that a bit of my neck seal was sticking out a bit in these pictures.

Shoulder bells: I do have black elastic on the underside of my shoulder bells that run under my armpit and straps that run from the top to the shoulder straps. I will trim some of the bottom away to see if that brings them in a bit.

Shoulder straps: need more of a bend in them to get closer to meeting the armor.

Thermal Detonator: I’ll trim the clips

Belt: remove excess Velcro showing.

Drop boxes: I have the strap holding them onto the belt inside the snap but it sounds like to line up with the edge of the belt I’ll need to move them and I’ll probably go with Velcro to hold them in place.

Shins: Sounds like I either need to switch legs for my shins and move my knee plate to the opposite one or redo my overlap and Velcro and trim the cover strips.

Is the gap between the ab and kidney plate too excessive and require a shim? I’m not trying to weasel out of work, but I was hoping basic approval would allow me to avoid shimming since I’m very pear shaped and I don’t think I’m capable of putting something in there that will look of feel good.

I’ll have to do some searching to find a good background for pictures...my wife seems to have an aversion to blank solid color walls.

thanks again everyone

A few things regarding feedback you've received/your post on fixing things:

• You shouldn't switch the shins as they are oriented L and R. You will need to remove the back cover strip with the closure and change which side it is attached to.
  • You can bend the shoulder straps using a hot water bath (boil water, remove from heat, dip part to bend in for 25-30 seconds, bend, cold water).
  • Drop boxes at ends of belt - this is a suggestion for you to look your best. Won't hold you back from basic, but is quite easy to secure in place.
  • Gap between ab and kidney will not hold you back from basic - I believe Glen was suggesting it as a way to improve your overall look.
  • Yes the helmet does look a bit small, so a switch to an adult-sized helmet from WTF will do the trick!
  • Elastic in shoulder bells - this should sit at the bottom of the shoulder bell and in most troopers, the elastic becomes partially visible where it overlaps the biceps. You mention your straps run under your armpits. Sounds like you may need to reposition these lower (see ref pic from Glen)
  • Like 1