Glue removal

Rat

So I'm at a point where I'm preparing to apply for my Centurion badge. Having an Anovos kit I need to do a bit of bucket paint. I have tube stripe templates courtesy of Joseph. However Anovos really enjoyed gluing all of rubber trim/seals. I figure if I am redoing the tube stripes I may as well do it all, but as the title says they like to glue and for me to be able to paint the brow boxes I need to remove the trim that is glued down. So any tips on removing it or getting the trim up without tearing or stretching it?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Most of mine came off easily. Just take your time and go slowly. In places we’re it’s stuck they used CA for mine so just working got it off. If you need one a blunt edge will also help.

• Like 1

Did they glue the inside as well? I mean do I need to completely disassemble the bucket for the removal?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Mine was a few spots around the circumference with a bit more to hold the ears down.  Was just a case of slow and stead to get it apart.  Don't be tempted to use CA remover, it will melt the ABS.

• Like 1

Nice work!!  A trick I used when painting the traps (and tears) is to do the black outline first.  You can make it a little thicker than needed, and I found it easier to fill in the gray and cover the inside edges of the black rather than paint a thin line around the gray.

I've had good luck with mineral spirits for cleaning up excess glue.  Also, it won't melt the ABS like acetone would.  But it will remove any paint already there, so keep it away from any paint or decals you want to keep.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sharkbait said:

I've had good luck with mineral spirits for cleaning up excess glue.  Also, it won't melt the ABS like acetone would.  But it will remove any paint already there, so keep it away from any paint or decals you want to keep.  

Mineral spirits have worked for me on some excess paint, great for Humbrol paint and also works on some glue like JB weld.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 4:32 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Mineral spirits have worked for me on some excess paint, great for Humbrol paint and also works on some glue like JB weld.

Mineral spirits worked on my Testors and spray paint, too (spray paint was Rustoleum 2x), though the sooner you get to the paint, the better and easier it is.  It also removed residue left after removing E6000.    

• Like 1