coupling issues with my Aker and wireless mic

• 3 months later...

You will find even with direct cable to aker you will get feedback if the volume is too high, have you tried testing at a lower volume and then turning up slowly to find when the feedback starts or are you getting feedback straight away at any level?

if the wireless mic is at your mouth it is less of an issue.  if its attached to the bucket and a few CM away, you need to turn it up to be useful, which echoes and causes feedback from the aker as well if it is too loud.

even my wired aker mic hums a bit if i have the amp turned up too loud.  and its in my chest plate less than a foot from my mic: 99% of the time it doesn't cause any feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a solution to coupling which cost none to nothing.

Cut a  square piece a Eva rubber and place it inside the helmet where your mic sits ( this will muffle 99% the sound coming out the helmet ) mine is 2 by 2 inches. For extra sealment i cover the mic foam  leaving the mic area free.

I have tested this and it works

Good luck

Cut a  square piece a Eva rubber and place it inside the helmet where your mic sits ( this will muffle 99% the sound coming out the helmet ) mine is 2 by 2 inches. For extra sealment i cover the mic foam  leaving the mic area free.

Good luck

Any chance we can get a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/24/2019 at 10:00 AM, Lionel Noronha Gallardo said:

Good luck

I'm having the same issue that I'm trying to fix. Could you post a pic or diagram?

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:44 PM, KOtrooper said:

I'm having the same issue that I'm trying to fix. Could you post a pic or diagram?

No worries buddy. I am not currently at home but will do next week

Edited by Lionel Noronha Gallardo
mistake

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:21 AM, Frank75139 said:

Any chance we can get a pic?

Yes buddy. next week I will upload a pic. Not at home  for a few days

• Like 1

here it is guys

--------

As mentioned before, cut a piece of Eve rubber and place it as  shown the pic. For extra isolation  you can also cover  your mic head with  Eve rubber leaving an opening for your voice to go through .

l

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 3/12/2019 at 4:31 PM, Lionel Noronha Gallardo said:
here it is guys

-------------

As mentioned before, cut a piece of Eve rubber and place it as  shown the pic. For extra isolation  you can also cover  your mic head with  Eve rubber leaving an opening for your voice to go through .
l

Is eve rubber a brand name?

Edited by gmrhodes13

here it is guys

---------

l

Yes.  It is type of soft  rubber that you can find in any craft shops. Kids use it at school. I ma not sure if in the States is named the same. Here in Spain is called Goma Eva

Edited by gmrhodes13