Stripping Chrome

FacelessM

Longs story short I was given bad info by my vac chromer and my armor got messed up during the chroming process The raw fiberglass/resin absorbed the chrome compound looking awful. Apparently the armor needed to be primed AND sanded smooth.

So that leaves me with some ugly chromed Phasma armor, which I have taken to calling trash compactor Phasma. And I need to strip it back down and start all over.

Anybody have some recommendations on how to do that without destroying the armor underneath?

Most of what people have said is hand sand it. Which I am grudgingly prepared to do. I just wanted to double/triple check and see that I can take care of it properly.

I have a Jim Tripton suit of armor if that helps any.

I did use a stripper on a few parts following the direction of someone who was familliar with paint and chrome and it took the chrome right off.... and some of the armor itself. 

The parts aren't ruined but they will need extra work above and beyond stripping to make them good.

Sanding is probably going to loom large in my future.

Hopefully I can snag a second or even third hand suit of Jimmi's armor that someone doesn't want so I can part the 2 kits together to make one good one to have a complete perfect suit. Because I know all my parts wont be flawless after I finish my re-stripping and sanding process.