Women's Boots: Are These CRL Approvable?

Hi there, I'm new here and apologize in advance if my format for this forum isn't up to par. So I know most people either purchase from TK Boots or Imperial Boots but being that I'm a Women's US size 6 which would be equivalent to a Men's US size 4, these vendors won't work as the smallest men sizes they provide would still be too big and definitely would not work for long term wear and trooping. And as many have also mentioned when searching for Chelsea Women's Boots that fit they tend to have a high heel and pointed toe which would never be CRL approved. Anyway I found a website that provides Women's size trooper boots that provide Women's US size 5.5 and up but I don't know how reputable they are. I haven't seen anyone post on here about them. My question is has anyone purchased these boots before? Do they have any issues with them? And for those who may not own them do you think they are CRL approvable?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi Selena I don't own them, but they do appear to have all the approvable qualities. It also seems from the photo that there is no seam running down the front so they should be okay for higher levels if you choose to try for them. 

Warning about possible seams: a lot of vendors will hide the seam down the front/side for their pictures, you cant rule out a disqualifiable seam with the single picture on that page.

Everything else looks just fine.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Awesome!  Just a heads-up, for basic approval they must have a seam that swoops down the side of the foot as well as zippers on the inside that span the height of the boot as seen below.

2LmZQbd.png

• Like 1

For basic approval regular TK boots are allowed unless the CRL is to be updated.
From TLJ Executioner

Boots
ANH/ESB TK boots are allowed.

That's what I remember reading about most of the FO basic level requirements Daniel.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Rat said:

That's what I remember reading about most of the FO basic level requirements Daniel.

Yes all the FO variants have ANH/ESB TK boots as an option at basic, if other boots are used then they must be as Joseph described

I’m also guessing that was what he meant:duim:

just wanted to clarify:salute:

• Like 1

TBH, I think a cobbler can add that stitching on the inside if they don't come with them easily enough.  Yeah, it's a little bit of an extra cost, but hey boots used to run $120 for a good pair of MC's back in the day, so for $61 and a bit out of pocket for stitching if needed, they seem like a work-able solution.

If you GML is the flexible sort, they may even spot approve with the note that you get the stitching done in 30 days or something like that.

• Like 1

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer.  I was thinking levels 2 and 3 for some reason.  (It's terrible getting older...  sometimes I forget... uh...  what)?  :blush:

• Like 2

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer.  I was thinking levels 2 and 3 for some reason.  (It's terrible getting older...  sometimes I forget... uh...  what)?  :blush:
Hahahaha!

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose that is a nice polite way of putting it. Hopefully they will get it sorted out and you'll get what you ordered.

• 1 month later...

Update! 

So the customer service was a nightmare to deal with; I was emailing back and forth with them asking for a return address so I can ship them back the shoes and they kept insisting  I keep them and recieve a partial refund. It became such a chore I gave up and decided I'm just going to donate the shoes.

So I went back to the search in finding the right boot. And found these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J5WAWQK?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2 

As you can see they look as advertised upon arrival.

0H5Ap2R.jpg

They have some lines running along the sides but they're not really seams, so I hope it's approvable. I plan on painting them white. Any recommendations on what kind of paint to use?

Edited by Galactic Grunt

2 hours ago, Galactic Grunt said:

Update! 

So the customer service was a nightmare to deal with; I was emailing back and forth with them asking for a return address so I can ship them back the shoes and they kept insisting  I keep them and recieve a partial refund. It became such a chore I gave up and decided I'm just going to donate the shoes.

So I went back to the search in finding the right boot. And found these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J5WAWQK?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2 

As you can see they look as advertised upon arrival.

0H5Ap2R.jpg

They have some lines running along the sides but they're not really seams, so I hope it's approvable. I plan on painting them white. Any recommendations on what kind of paint to use?

Those are just a bit better than the first pair. ;)

Most people use Angelus Leather Paint (in white, of course).  It's widely available.  Amazon has it, too.

Here's my painting process.

I painted the elastic bands with a multi surface acrylic paint.

tVZhswA.jpg

Here they are with the masking tape removed.

kz92UY8.jpg

Then I masked off the elastic bands along with the black sole of the shoes.

lZYKI4m.jpg

I then plasti dipped the rest of the shoe. I then peeled the masking tape off while the final coat was still wet and here's the final result.

kELxVgb.jpg

• Like 1