Are these scuffs unacceptable?

rzill

I had to remove and re-glue the shoulder straps, and it caused some scuffing on the chest plate.  I tried to take the pictures that showed it in the worst light - second one is probably more telling.  Is this ok, provided I continue to clean off the access glue?  

6lvQgjP.jpegvsJRKZ9.jpeg

I would try to clean it up the best you can. After you get the glue residue off then it shouldn't look too bad. Maybe some super fine grade sanding if nessesary.  But it's not really that bad . Just try to get the glue off and post some more pics.

• Like 1

Remove the glue as much as you can, you could also try some automotive cutting polish

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tydirium1 said:

I would try to clean it up the best you can. After you get the glue residue off then it shouldn't look too bad. Maybe some super fine grade sanding if nessesary.  But it's not really that bad . Just try to get the glue off and post some more pics.

Thanks  :)  Yeah, I wanted to get the pics up as soon as possible, but that glue is tricky.  I need to let my nails grow a bit!

1 hour ago, fragarock said:

If you are really bothered by it, I have several ways to polish the scratches out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can live with it, unless it's a tried and true method.  I just worry about it being accepted, and I don't want to have to go Sandtrooper before I even troop once as a TK!

6 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Little by little you’ll get that glue off and you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about getting the glue off under and around the strap.  The scuff marks are not glue, and I just wanted to know if that would be an issue.